New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    Nice to know we have a newcomer in Invercargill; however I have not seen his name come up in the sharing yet even when I appear to be the sole sharer in the south.
    Hi Petenz. I'm using PlanePlotter in trial mode so maybe that's why I'm not transmitting them my data?
    Last edited by deconz; 2013-01-09, 07:18. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
      Hi Petenz. I'm using PlanePlotter in trial mode so maybe that's why I'm not transmitting them my data?
      Nope, should still go. Just need to set it up per previous thread pages and enable outgoing data best start is to go help-network tests and go from there, lets you know what to do
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Sorted! I'm running in "cable out of the window" mode right now so not 24/7. You should see me contributing tomorrow :-)

Comment

• Be nice to see ZK-MVA go all the way to Invercargill(I only see it to Roxburgh) BTW when are we likely to see ZK-MVB again . It seems to have disappeared into a hangar for the last two weeks.
          The green ( the same colour as my contrails actually) in the sharers box in Aircraft view is what I meant not the green you can see when a MLAT is possible. That is right across the whole aircraft data. Sometimes I see ft,ft,ft,ft,ft right across the Sharers box in relation to one acft which means Oblivian has all or most of the signal; does the fact that I see those letters as green mean that I still have some signal ,even minimal?
          Last edited by Petenz; 2013-01-09, 19:11.

Comment

BTW when are we likely to see ZK-MVB again . It seems to have disappeared into a hangar for the last two weeks.
            Whispered to be into service within the next 2 weeks.

The green ( the same colour as my contrails actually) in the sharers box in Aircraft view is what I meant not the green you can see when a MLAT is possible. That is right across the whole aircraft data. Sometimes I see ft,ft,ft,ft,ft right across the Sharers box in relation to one acft which means Oblivian has all or most of the signal;
            Ah, yes thats the groundstation/sharertype in that case, Bit of a hog aren't I!

does the fact that I see those letters as green mean that I still have some signal ,even minimal?
            Not entirely sure, I run in upload mode only. But you can change the aircraft view to check if you like.. Under the aircraft chart view you can have it list local only or all from memory. But I think generally if you have it, your code will show in the column too, and of course an icon on the screen (or different colour icon from shared only ones). My local ones still appear yellow while others are I think white.

Sorted! I'm running in "cable out of the window" mode right now so not 24/7. You should see me contributing
            tomorrow :-)
            I'm similar but am 24/7 - since I can't put the thick LMR400 anywhere Thankfully my window is so warped from the earthquakes, that theres a gap at the top just big enough for the RG58 N-SMA Pigtail to fit unrestricted while the window is still closed

And it pays to do the network tests in PP (it works out to about $42 to register when I did it BTW) adn make sure its able to share. Then when 24/7 and got a real antenna setup request MU/GS status and you can share in the locational loving.
            Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-01-09, 20:18.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Be nice to see ZK-MVA go all the way to Invercargill
              She visited this morning on the 5061/62 rotation. I'd shifted my mini antenna about 45 degrees clockwise in the hope that the superb lobe that was catching traffic in the Tasman off Fiordland yesterday would cover somewhere between ZQN and DUD. VERY disappointed to only get a lock on the inbound at 26nm. Given my location and clear view of the drone I tracked her all the way in and all the way out until she crossed my 75nm radial. While she was on the ground I moved the antenna a further 10-15 degrees clockwise. FR24 continued to attribute me to her track for another 5 mins before she dropped off. Brent (NZCH2) nabbed her 3-4 mins later.

No sign of you this morning Petenz?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Nope, should still go. Just need to set it up per previous thread pages and enable outgoing data best start is to go help-network tests and go from there, lets you know what to do
                I tried again this morning with no success. Then decided to troubleshoot on the PP support page and found out that trial users can't enable sharing ...
                http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotterfeatures.htm

Comment

• Deconz I saw you on FR24 this evening catching DUD-BNE ; good to know you are there, but we are on different websites as I am feeding Planefinder and you are on FR24. I can see you on FR245 but as for sharing there seems to be some sort of snafu there in PP. I suppose it depends who you have nominated as secondary sharer.
                  Wonder, who is 'Lj' ?
                  Last edited by Petenz; 2013-01-10, 06:19.

Comment

• Air New Zealand highly ranked amongst world’s safest airline

10 January 2013

Air New Zealand highly ranked amongst world’s safest airlines

Air New Zealand has been named in the top three airlines in the world from a safety perspective.

Europe’s Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Centre (JACDEC) has ranked Air New Zealand second behind Finnair in the annual JACDEC Safety Index which recognises safety in the aviation industry. Other carriers to make the top ten included Virgin Australia, Cathay Pacific, and Etihad.

David Morgan, Air New Zealand Chief Flight Operations and Safety Officer, says this recognition is testament to the airline’s dedication to maintaining a strong safety culture.

“Safety is paramount and non-negotiable at Air New Zealand. We have worked hard as an airline to create a safety culture which has been embraced by more than 10,000 employees and it’s very pleasing to have been recognised by an external agency,” says Morgan.

JACDEC collects and analyses safety occurrences from airlines around the world. The Safety Index ratings are calculated by comparing hull loss accidents and serious incidents suffered by airlines over the past 30 years to the revenue passenger kilometres they have performed over the same period. Airlines are also measured against other international safety benchmarks.

Visit the JACDEC website to view the full list: http://www.jacdec.de/jacdec_safety_ranking_2012.htm

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
                    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

• Strong winds make for hairy landings in Wellington

Strong winds make for hairy landings in Wellington

It was a difficult day for passengers on flights in and out of Wellington, with Air New Zealand cancelling some regional services due to strong winds.

VIDEO: A day of bumpy landings in Wellington

Gusty conditions meant hairy landings for some, while last night trans-Tasman flights were diverted to Auckland.

“It was just like the whole plane was just going from side to side,” says one passenger arriving from Blenheim.

“[It was] terrible, it was really rough,” says another.
                      Click here to find out more!

And the gales meant one Qantas plane hopped down the runway after aborting the first landing.

“I know planes don't just fall out of the sky, it was like no flight I've ever been on before, I’m thinking I might take the train back to Auckland,” says Jetstar passenger James Sword.

Air New Zealand cancelled nine regional flights and the gales kept fire crews busy too, as they attempted to save roofs and traffic signs from flying away.

Passengers queued for buses to hotels and had to fly to Wellington this morning.

Meanwhile NZTA warned motorbikes and high sided vehicles not to use the Rimutaka Hill road as winds gusted to 130km/h.

The strong winds are forecast to ease this evening.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
                      http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

Deconz I saw you on FR24 this evening catching DUD-BNE ; good to know you are there, but we are on different websites as I am feeding Planefinder and you are on FR24. I can see you on FR245 but as for sharing there seems to be some sort of snafu there in PP. I suppose it depends who you have nominated as secondary sharer.
                        Wonder, who is 'Lj' ?
                        I thought I had clarified how that works? Theres 2 ways to share to FR24, internally using the secondary server setting (which wont show your location radar name). Which by default is set to pinkfroot ala Planeplotter supplier. Or the external uploader app

For the latter to work you need to enable the TCP/IP server on port 30003 in the IO settings. As this is the standard pass-through server port for all decoding applications and data handlers from there. ADSBScope, Basestation, PP, VirtuelRadar. Can all spit out their data on 30003 for you to do with what yo please.

Neither tell each other that they are enabled, so you can happily feed multiple sites with the same data. But the only method of getting it to planefinder, is via the secondary sharing section. I have Mil uploads, FR24, my own data capturing into MySQL all from 30003, and PP directly to planefinder.

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification; TU1 is alive and well. You could write a book entitled 'PlanePlotter for Dummies'.

Comment

Deconz I saw you on FR24 this evening catching DUD-BNE ; good to know you are there, but we are on different websites as I am feeding Planefinder and you are on FR24.
                            Hi Petenz. Wasn't aware of Planefinder until you mentioned it. Yet another service!!! I've sent them and email so I might be feeding them shortly

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              But the only method of getting it to planefinder, is via the secondary sharing section.
                              Hi Craig. As I understand it from just reading the Planefinder coverage section they can send you a stand alone app that works exactly like FR24. I've emailed them today so will let you know how I get on. They also talk about paying for your PP sub

Comment

Wonder, who is 'Lj' ?
                                Lj is me, NZCH2. I have sorted out my NTP issues and hope to be full time uploading to PP in the next few days.

Regards,
                                Brent

Comment

Working...
                                X