• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    Did I see an Ilyushin 76 just fly in to Christchurch
    Yes, Yes you did

We knew yesterday but today is a bit of a surprise
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Did I see an Ilyushin 76 just fly in to Christchurch
      I have just seen a video of a Chinese Military IL76 to be deployed to NZ as part of a NZAF relief exercise "Skytrain Exercise" no date, but I assume this is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        I have just seen a video of a Chinese Military IL76 to be deployed to NZ as part of a NZAF relief exercise "Skytrain Exercise" no date, but I assume this is it?
        Yep. Mlat and mil so may the nomal sites don't identify it other than hex.

Mrc has some pics and details on his blog

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Yep. Mlat and mil so may the nomal sites don't identify it other than hex.
          Yes I could follow the IL76 on my PiAware screen , just! But absolutely NO identification other than 'Chinese' and in PP ICAO number and 'IL76'

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Yes, Yes you did

We knew yesterday but today is a bit of a surprise
            Now it looks as if he is off down to the Ice
            Last edited by Westone; 2018-06-15, 01:32.

Comment

• Heard him on HF as Dragon 47 coming back up after a short flight through oceanic airspace. Now crossed back over the NZ coast south of Dunedin and headed overhead Queenstown.
              Michael
              Palmerston North,
              New Zealand
              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• We had an RAF KC2 over the end of the week/weekend. (A330 mil variant) Nice we surprise. Left before I could add it to the gallery

As for todays fail.. How many times can you get flightradar24 wrong AGAIN.. Reference the opposition. Use the photo from here and attribute it randomly between the 2

nz101.GIF

Comment

• haha

Close, but no cigar

nz101_2.GIF

Comment

• Heads up Christchurch, Air Almaty IL-76 en route, today 21 Oct 18 12.00pm local 'seen' off the East Coast NI probably ex-Papeete

Air Almaty.jpg
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Interesting inbound track. I wonder if its ex-Capetown ? Then it overflies North Island before turning right to visit Oblivian !

SGL701F.jpg SGL701F-2.jpg

ylis

Comment

• Nope, confirmed as ex-Papeete (Tahiti), credit to MRC Aviation and here's the lift-off video - https://youtu.be/s4mXHnGKIMg
                        Michael
                        Palmerston North,
                        New Zealand
                        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Word has it 0800 departure wed

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just notice a C130 with call sign santa25. Off to the ice ?????
                            santa.JPG

Comment

• Heh. May be the first southbound since the 25th or have the troops goodies on board.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just saying hello from me!

Based in AKL, seemed to have got a new found interest in FR24 and aircraft tracking.
                                Simple setup, rPI, FA Antenna on order.

Comment

Working...
                                X