X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
    Whats going on here???? No flight numer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9362[/ATTACH]
    New alpha-numeric callsign, and not just Emirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
      Whats going on here???? No flight numer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9362[/ATTACH]
      For a while I was often confused when listening to North Atlantic traffic on HF and the callsigns were different to the flight number. I discovered that ATC had introduced a scheme to eliminate misunderstanding of spoken callsigns where there were so many that could sound similar particularly with the explosion of airlines plying between the UK and holiday destinations across the pond. British Airways started to add suffixes to their flights so instead of Speedbird 229 it became Speedbird 22B so as not to be confused with Speedbird 225 on the rather noisy HF circuits.

I guess it's time for Emirates to head the same way so I suspect this is a global change for them while Air New Zealand flights can't get confused too much although I suspect this will change over time too!
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Something that might interest you..

Are you doing SELCAL ahead of the transmissions?

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Something that might interest you..

Are you doing SELCAL ahead of the transmissions?

https://youtu.be/bbykua_mkOs
          Nice video, unfortunately I've parted company with my HF receivers but may well get back into sometime soon when I can find a decent one at a price I can afford! Airspy HF+ didn't work very well
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• just wondering what our longest domestic average flight time would be? Noticed Tauranga to ChCh was 1:44 in a Dash 8

Comment

• Hibal has returned.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Does any one know how to make contact with T-NZMB7/Matt_R please.
                NZMB27

Comment

• Might explain the 787 national flights now

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Might explain the 787 national flights now

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12034082
                    Read elsewere the same stuff, but it included a quote something like the following from a FAA person, that "no US B787 are operating with the problem engines". Anyway, it won't be the FAA ordering changes to ETOPS, it will be from the authorities in the country of registration. I see today that the AUK-PER flight is a B787 and not the leased A340.

Comment

• Ex ANZ B767 on the way to USA

Kiwi spotters might be interested to know that ex ANZ B767 ZK-NCJ MSN 26915 is right now on its way to Honolulu from storage at Alice Springs. Call sign is N930WE. Love those old B767s and I hope this one is going for another lease on life - not the graveyard.

Comment

• Funny little place that. Last pic I saw them on their own stretch of taxi-way and one had a missing engine

Comment

• Just noticed a bunch of ground contacts in akl TExxx. Looks like even the tugs are being tagged up now?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Correct Craig,.. Its a pity we dont know what the Ground purposes are
                            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• NASA Sofia / 747sp due down here this weekend for winter ops.

Sometime around lunch sat if the first ETA via cial announcement still stands.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did I see an Ilyushin 76 just fly in to Christchurch

Comment

Working...
                                X