No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill check in with one of the dbase guys later tonight and get the ball rolling (got him to adjust all the VOZ routes)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Have the format required and will start adding as I see em. Also flick you a copy.

Won't help us if the pilots keep leaving the tx'd callsign wrong need to get use to the computer. Apparently its done 3 trips Rot-CHC today already on 5379 lol
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi Craig,. Probs with your data,. from your Format.

Please remember,. the Flight Number and Callsign are constant and never change.
        The flight number used. Is the one shown on the Airport Arrival / Departure Board.

The Callsign. is the same as the Flight Number. But,. with a different Prefix.
        Eg. Flight number.NM361,. Callsign.NZM361,.. -(Mount Cook Airlines)
        The Alternative Callsign. is allocated by ATC.
        Therefore,. a Plane could be flying with its Orginal Callsign,. Or,. One allocated by ATC.
        So,. its alway best to check a departing Airport, Departure Board, for the Flight Number..
        Then its upto ATC, if they use the Orginal, or an Alternative Callsign.
        When you have the Flight number,you also have the Callsign.

NM5361 NZM5361 WLG CHC - - NZM361

Flight Number Callsign Origin Destination via via2 Alternative Callsign
        NZ5361 NZM361 WLG CHC
        NZ5001 NZM1 ROT ZQN CHC
        NZ5379 NZM379 ROT CHC
        NZ5379 NZM378 CHC ROT
        NZ5030 NZM30 CHC ROT

NZ5001 ANZ5001 ROT ZQN CHC via NZM1
        NZ5030 ANZ5030 CHC ROT via via NZM30
        NZ5361 ANZ5361 WLG CHC via via NZM361
        NZ5378 ANZ5378 CHC ROT via via NZM378
        NZ5379 ANZ5379 ROT CHC via via NZM379

Thanks and KiaOra David (My heart is still in WRE)
        Last edited by delcomp; 2012-11-17, 14:12.
        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• NM / NZM Now in Database.17.11.2012..---DEL
          Hope they all have ADS-B Transponders

1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• That's what I was trying to explain to you. This is not the case in nz. The boards Always say nz5.. As airnz is the company that sell the tickets. . When you ask about flights, you always quote nz5... The callsigns are always Mt cook/nzm as that who operates them.

The flight data when you click the route info on fr24 needs to say nz5xxx when the atr72s are all named Mt cook and 3 digits. And that is why I put nz5xxx and nzmxxx together

Nzm5xxx and Nm5xxx is never used on its own

Comment

• An example when attempting to report route error

Thank you for taking time to help us improve Flightradar24. The callsign of a flight is transmitted by the aircraft, which we then look up in our big database of callsigns with the matching flight number and from/to/via airports
              The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Transmitted Callsign = Mt Cook 313 / NZM313
              Actual Flight = NZ5313

So add it how you need it. But in ALL cases. NZM313 = NZ5313 (m is replaced by 5 to show it as being mt Cook) Nowhere does flight NM5313 exist
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2012-11-17, 10:35.

Comment

• Craig I have changed post #258 (Please read)

So you can see how its been changed,. the NZM comes in the Alternative Callsign.

Check it out to see how it works

Comment

• I notice Rotorua flight NZM379 now correct.

If it was done based on the NZ/ANZ alt NZM format ill adjust the others accordingly now.
                  Last edited by delcomp; 2012-11-18, 07:00.

Comment

• Craig,..

NZ/ANZ Are constant,. And, NZ appears on the Ticket and Airport APP/Dep Boards.
                    The Altern.number and Routes,. are variables,. and can be changed by ATC or Airlines.
                    The Db, checks for the Callsign or Alternative Callsign, that is recieved.
                    Sometimes, aircrew enter the wrong data,. for which we cant do anything about.
                    Now you know Why,. I always ask for Flight number(not Altern number) and route, or changes
                    there too..--DEL

Basically,. NZ tells the person/persons which flight they are flying on.
                    And Callsign/ Alternative Callsign,. tell us, which flight that is.
                    Last edited by delcomp; 2012-11-18, 07:14.

Comment

• OK Craig.
                      You should be seeing More ADS-B Domestic flight now,... With Routes

18.11.2012..---DEL

Think I got a bit of Jetlag, in the Southern Hemisphere Engine room
                      Last edited by delcomp; 2012-11-18, 17:07.

Comment

• QF28 over Kaikoura today-36000ft.

Comment

• I've just last week ordered a RTL2832U & R820T Tuner which I hope to receive early next month. I'd like to eventually set it up to contribute 24/7 and hope that my location will improve the coverage of the lower SI and DUD/ZQN traffic in particular!

Comment

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
                            I've just last week ordered a RTL2832U & R820T Tuner which I hope to receive early next month. I'd like to eventually set it up to contribute 24/7 and hope that my location will improve the coverage of the lower SI and DUD/ZQN traffic in particular!
                            Hi deconz, would you be able to get in touch with me please? tahiini (a) gmail.com

Comment

• Hi deconz, there's plenty of support for you on this forum. While I'm currently using a Beast and DPD antenna in Palmerston North I also have ordered a dongle so I'll be interested in setting that up early next year. Where are you located roughly?
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                                Hi deconz, there's plenty of support for you on this forum. While I'm currently using a Beast and DPD antenna in Palmerston North I also have ordered a dongle so I'll be interested in setting that up early next year. Where are you located roughly?
                                Many thanks Michael!

I'm on Bluff Highway near Kew - can see the airport and approaching aircraft with little obstruction :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X