No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great coverage of QF27 today(Sat) on FR24-over 400km before going off sceen.Great job boys(or girls).

Comment

• QF27 27.10.12.jpg
      hopefully this shows QF27 off the Coast of Mid Canterbury travelling @ 595mph or 957kph 31000' SYD - SCl must have had the NW wind blowing it along
      Last edited by NZWND NDB; 2012-10-27, 04:26.

Comment

• Here is a screenshoty I made of my max ranges that day the QFWell over 200 NM .jpg27 Santiago flight went through; I have been tracking them about twice a week.

Comment

• Wow, lot further than me and I'm near the beach

Also note, as of lunchtime all Virgin(NZ) callsigns changed to 'Velocity' and routes now VOZxx from PBN/DJxx
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• yes I noticed the VOZ chnge today ; I am at 600 feet above sea level here and can SEE 200 miles out to sea .

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Wow, lot further than me and I'm near the beach

Also note, as of lunchtime all Virgin(NZ) callsigns changed to 'Velocity' and routes now VOZxx from PBN/DJxx
              Thanks for confirming the 'Virgin' ATC callsign change to 'Velocity' as its changed over here and I intended asking you if it had done so over there. It's not only changed for the domestic Virgins and those crossing the ditch but also the international 'V-OZ' callsign (the 777's) and it's giving both pilots and ATC some problems here getting used to it with many tongue tied corrections when they lapse back into 'Virgin' by mistake.
              Regards,
              gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2012-10-29, 03:54.
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                Here is a screenshoty I made of my max ranges that day the QF[ATTACH=CONFIG]1622[/ATTACH]27 Santiago flight went through; I have been tracking them about twice a week.
                Great work Pete, whatever you're doing with your setup, keep it up. I just tracked QF27 off your south east coast and it looked as if you're getting up to about 400-450 k's range.The only down side is you're making us jealous over here in sydney.

Regards,
                gregg
                Last edited by fungus; 2012-10-29, 04:03.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Just to add a little to your envy, today, Monday 29th October, I tracked QF27 to a record(for me) 274 NM ; I could hardly believe it as it was well past the 40,000 altitude rings I have on ADSBScope; I would put the screenshot up but I don't want to be accused of skiting!! I am a very modest guy.
                  Regards,
                  Peter

Comment

• Peter,
                    You win that one hands down mate. My best so far is 215.9 NM (I'll claim the other 0.1 NM and call it 216 but purely for the sake of rounding it, of course) using an sbs-1 unit. I am presently upgrading my setup by lifting the antenna another metre or so and replacing the cable between the amplifier and basestation with a lower loss job. However I honestly dont think you need worry about your record even with these modifications.
                    Regards,
                    gregg
                    (T-YSSY4)
                    Last edited by fungus; 2012-10-29, 04:44.

Comment

• Peter,
                      You win that one hands down mate. My best so far is 215.9 NM (I'll claim the other 0.1 NM and call it 216 but purely for the sake of rounding it, of course) using an sbs-1 unit. I am presently upgrading my setup by lifting the antenna another metre or so and replacing the cable between the amplifier and basestation with a lower loss job. However I honestly dont think you need worry about your record even with these modifications.
                      Regards,
                      gregg
                      (T-YSSY4)
                      I am using a microadsb with LMR 400 cable to a DPD systems antenna on a 30 foot pole. I am hoping to receive a Beast in the next month or two which I am told is very much more sensitive than the Micro adsb. Be interesting to try it out when it arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                        I am using a microadsb with LMR 400 cable to a DPD systems antenna on a 30 foot pole. I am hoping to receive a Beast in the next month or two which I am told is very much more sensitive than the Micro adsb. Be interesting to try it out when it arrives.
                        Sent mine back to Germany to get checked out after seemingly only receiving about 48nm solid signal.. only to find it tests fine for Gunter (I should have got one of you guys to confirm my findings which I thought were solid). Hes now doing me a special adjustment for interference. As one of the raw binary logs I had once indicated a lot of noise being received possibly within range.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It would appear he was off my view chart too..

pp2010.jpg

Comment

• Noticed QF28 popped up for a while off the Southland Coast for a short while.Would have passed over Invercargill.

Comment

• Sometimes we don't see it as it can cross as low as stewart island and as high up as just shy of palmerston north

Seems to make up its mind dependant on weather patterns

Have heard it in the past take a 'scenic route' via Mt Cook even after comming in from further south.

Comment

• Noticed QF28 popped up for a while off the Southland Coast for a short while.Would have passed over Invercargill.

I picked up a contact at 234 NM away almost to the south of Stewart Is ; guess it must have been QF 28; is it the return flight FROM Santaigo to Sydney?

Comment

Working...
                                X