No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to set up my receiver to feed flight radar. Where do I find my data port number Thanks.. Im a dummy

Comment

• Originally posted by ZL409 View Post
      I am trying to set up my receiver to feed flight radar. Where do I find my data port number Thanks.. Im a dummy
      Which receiver model/software combination do you have. Only need to know port numbers if have a particular receiver/setup.

IE If already running Dump1090, its 30002. Others like SBS and beast have different requirements

Bottom of the first page has common ports. And a few example setups of using
      Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thank you Oblivion. All up and running although I presume it will be sometime before Im actually seeing my data. Is there somewhere I can look to see what my coverage is like. Dont expect miracles until I get outdoor antenna. My feeder number is T-NZDN8. I have also received a sharer number do I have to put that somewhere Sorry about all these questions

Comment

• My data made it into Stuff and the Dom Post

FR in Dom Post.jpg

Comment

Thank you Oblivion. All up and running although I presume it will be sometime before Im actually seeing my data. Is there somewhere I can look to see what my coverage is like. Dont expect miracles until I get outdoor antenna. My feeder number is T-NZDN8. I have also received a sharer number do I have to put that somewhere Sorry about all these questions
            You can add some additional apps like VRS (virtual radar server) to it to visualise the data, or use the inbuilt one of Dump1090 if you open browser on the device IP:8080 (if --NET is specified on start/additional options)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
              My data made it into Stuff and the Dom Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7548[/ATTACH]
              It's a face off. I can make that 2 a 7. Or the T into a F and the 2 into a 3. 😀

I really think it's over the top when things like this make the paper and web. A paragraph on the article, but a big picture really! It happens every day, including Auckland last week.

However when you consider what crap they might replace it with, maybe it's better to have this. Annoyed i didn't get up to watch the storm. Also I had my scanner in the room too, Icould have listened to the fun. Moral of the story, next thunderstorm stand on roof by antenna with scanner to listen and tablet to see planes on FR24⚡⛈😁
              Last edited by nzfatmatt; 2016-05-26, 20:21. Reason: Phone spelling correction

Comment

• Here we go again.. Sorry about this. I have just looked at my account and see Im off line and have not sent any data. I have obviously set Flight Radar up wrong
                Im using a Dongle and downloaded Zadig plus software installed it and answered the questions. Entered my sharing key What have I not done to get it feeding Sorry to be so dumb
                T-NZDN8

Comment

• Try some of the commands and links in my thread. Theyre the best thing to do to find out whats not right.

Especially the web setup/diag page

Some screen shots and more info on your settings and what setup would help

Comment

• Welcome aboard ZL409. What part of Dunedin are you situated?.

Comment

• Mt Cooks latest ATR is scheduled to arrive in ChCh today at 1625 from Brisbane

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi Im situated in Belleknowes. I am having trouble with software it does not want to connect. Are you at Momona

Comment

• What software are you using?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi Weston. Im using the software from Flight Radar. But it keeps telling me Im missing files and will not connect.Ive tried re downloading but still have same problem

Comment

Hi Weston. Im using the software from Flight Radar. But it keeps telling me Im missing files and will not connect.Ive tried re downloading but still have same problem
                              Have you turned your internet security off!!!!
                              I had problem of it deleting files when I went to installed software

Comment

• I just managed to pick up the nasa balloon on its second pass.
                                Here the official track: http://www.csbf.nasa.gov/map/balloon9/Google669NT.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X