New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
    Seems to have stopped climb around 110000 ft, or telemetry has stopped?
    110000 was planned cruising altitude.

Comment

• 33Kms. Not bad eh. Makes me wonder if someone under with a receiver would get it if they put the antenna sidways. Its not like its a long distance, its just up instead of sideways
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        33Kms. Not bad eh. Makes me wonder if someone under with a receiver would get it if they put the antenna sidways. Its not like its a long distance, its just up instead of sideways
        Got a yagi handy?

Comment

• I have contemplated it. I can get northern ground info from 15odd KMs away. But not solid, usually from 200ft. A yagi would fix that quicksmart.

But as it stands I was worried my antenna pole would blow over last night. We had 70K winds in the burbs (140 up the hill) and not really easy to drop down to see if I can get the balloon back online for a while
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• F-NZCH4 has picked it up again over the Tasman, will just off Hokitika.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
              F-NZCH4 has picked it up again over the Tasman, will just off Hokitika.
              Also had it for a short time. (8 Minutes) Thought that antenna that is on 45 decree lean after the wind might picked it up bit more
              Last edited by Westone; 2016-05-17, 05:34.

Comment

• Making good progress across the Tasman

Comment

• Prepare for more UFO sightings

Balloon headed back to east coast

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Prepare for more UFO sightings

Balloon headed back to east coast
                    Doing the not so great circle [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's coming around nicely. Now it's a matter of who gets to see it, as long as the crap weather gives us some sky.

Comment

• I just realised the YouTube video I posted was prison break and not NASA's close up launch video. Mybad. Clearly had wrong link in cache.

But there is a nice close video From the lunch

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-05-23, 01:19.

Comment

• Well we've missed it this time around. The point on the Nullschool map is location at 0915hrs Tue NZDT. So possibly it may keep on circling and move off. We can only hope.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren...=177.02,-49.48

Comment

• What has happened to the unknown callsign / MLAT on the viewers ?
                            Last edited by GBR; 2016-05-24, 05:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBR View Post
                              What has happened to the unknown callsign / MLAT on the viewers ?
                              Come again? On planeolotter?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi,
                                Maybe its just me, but the fr24 premium feed on 3 separate devices has stopped displaying Mlat planes. It was working 100% not too long ago.
                                I'm hearing planes flying overhead that are not displayed, and can see them in the list on virtual radar ( off NZPP4 ). All full ADSB planes are displaying ok.
                                Thanks, Graham.

Comment

Working...
                                X