No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellington may be a little funky today. Up on the roof doing don't much needed maintenance. The recent wind helped loosen some things and break old cable ties. Noisy mast doesn't help sleep.

Watching JST167 come in, there is a gap in its track, headed to Turakarai then disappeared.

Comment

• It looks like they might start inflating the NASA balloon in a couple of hours according to their Twitter page. So hopefully we'll see some action.

Comment

• I as about to post all systems are nearing go

Decision made to lay it out, which is hard to reverse as its packed so well and can be damaged on the deck. And once the filling starts, theres no off valve.

Video go has said around noon - stillest day since they have been here
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• We're all just hoping It has ADS-B and pops up. I can't remember if the last one had it. Have a recollection it didn't.

If it does, hopefully the Wanaka is waiting expectantly. The stats page shows it working.

Comment

• Nope the previous didn't have standard ADSB. I think they prioritise power elsewhere. It has a Sat tracker however. They have a minimap you can watch it on

Live ground webcam:
            NASA CSBF @ video.ibm.com: . Wissenschaft

Live Sat tracking post launch
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Nope the previous didn't have standard ADSB. I think they prioritise power elsewhere. It has a Sat tracker however. They have a minimap you can watch it on

Live ground webcam:
              NASA CSBF @ video.ibm.com: . Wissenschaft

Live Sat tracking post launch
              http://www.csbf.nasa.gov/map/balloon9/flight669nt.htm
              Yeah been watching those. Seriously ADS-B is more important than science, that's why we're here![emoji12]

Comment

• The tap is on!

Filling

Comment

• N351WQ on ground. Just looking up what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                    N351WQ on ground. Just looking up what it is
                    Potentially a balloon. FAA has it but nothing much there. Reserving party name is (FAA OFC of commercial space transportation ast-300.)

So maybe. Don't see anything else on the runway other than the balloon.

Comment

• Shame the rest of the media weren't there this morning. In the past they showed up and all got sent home, too much cry wolf. Holefully there now though! Quality of one of the feeds is awesome

Unless they have a helicopter doing aerial video alongside, it could be our payload transponder

Comment

• Of course it also has a big ol no-fly crash zone around it so narrows down the odds

Comment

• The CSBF Downrange Operations Upstream feed from the main balloon tracking page is great.

Just found the below link in reference to the rego. Plus they would use a NZ chopper anyway. Also can't find any pictures or anything other than that and similar on FAA registry about that rego.
                          On August 06th, the FAA Office of Commercial Space Transportation reserved 40 N-numbers. This division of the FAA approves any commercial ro...

Comment

• The balloon on top used to help inflate has gone.

As it looks like it has ADS-B. Big thanks to ZL4JW with T-NZWF1 for helping our addictions.

Have fun ask you southerners tracking it. Don't think I'll see anything from Wellington. (Goes to Heywhatsthat to check)

Comment

• Uh oh.. I was about to say the same.

This will cause it issues. Deflating over the valley.

Now they wont be able to attach another leader to the top

I've PMd FR24 facebook to hopefully have the alt filter removed

Comment

• The tow balloon atop was meant to be released @Cosiballoon also @nasa_wallops and Facebook.com/nasawff

Comment

Working...
                                X