No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent it back to FR so not sure where it ended up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
      Hi Westone my feeds have been down for some time due to various house moves, but I'm just now looking at getting at least one back up. F-NZWN1 will probably stay defunct as there are other F radars here now and FR24 isn't interested in me hosting anymore (damn, should have kept the gear! ). T-NZWN2 or 5 will hopefully come back soon
      Nice stuff, the more the merrier in Wellington, once RPi MLAT gets turned back on hopefully planes will show up a little lower. Plus we're still blind in areas low level across the Strait which I think you got when you were above the airport way back when!

Comment

• Ah, wasn't aware that RPi MLAT was off, it wasn't even on last time I was feeding I don't think I see a couple of posts on the subject - something along the lines of too much data?

Comment

• So what hardware is able to provide MLAT data at the moment - Mode S Beast, Radarcape? I can't see the worth in putting up just an RPi rx if it won't contribute to MLAT, which looks like it may not be anytime soon??

Comment

So what hardware is able to provide MLAT data at the moment - Mode S Beast, Radarcape? I can't see the worth in putting up just an RPi rx if it won't contribute to MLAT, which looks like it may not be anytime soon??
            Radarcape and FR receiver I think, others may correct me.

It's supposedly soon that the RPi MLAT will hopefully be back, but who knows. I'm sure they want it back ASAP as it would increase coverage.

Depending where you are these days, you may or may not add to low level ADS-B somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by lokeynz View Post
              This one is on an 1100m mountain top sitting about 8km back from the coastline.
              Stats have maximum distance for today of 349nm!
              Looking at the receiver log it seems they're limited to 350nm?
              [feed][c]Max range AIR: 350.0nm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6641[/ATTACH]
              Would be nice if you post the setup in Show Describe your FR24 hardware ?
              F-SMZO2

Comment

• Going by some posted flightplans, should be an interesting visitor on Tuesday Arvo to CHC

Blue Tomson global 757-200.

So a flying pencil, with winglets
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Rpi mlat is back and I see that Radarcape mlat is coming with a soon to be released update.
                  In the meantime I'm going ahead with an rpi 3 setup to get me back running [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Rpi mlat is back and I see that Radarcape mlat is coming with a soon to be released update.
                    In the meantime I'm going ahead with an rpi 3 setup to get me back running [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                    Yeap. But not sure we will see it attributed on the page too much here.

Fairly good spread of the FRs and it appears its been clarified it will prefer that calculation (MLAT3/4) before switching to RPi MLAT-6/7), of which needs 4 with the same contact
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Rpi mlat is back and I see that Radarcape mlat is coming with a soon to be released update.
                      A screen shot of all the action I took earlier this morning
                      NZ.JPG

Comment

• Come a long way from a single AKL uploader and 'NZCH' and myself covering the south thats for sure!

Comment

• Just noticed all ATR with ADSB ie the 600s are all showing ANZ two digit flight number. I just checked my receiver for this flight and I see it as NZM91 which is the same as usual I think.

Comment

• Probably preparing for the move to the new flashy interface and broken

More info than you can shake a stick at on it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Probably preparing for the move to the new flashy interface and broken

More info than you can shake a stick at on it lol
                              Can't wait for that 😀. Now showing up as NZM55 for MVB, so a little better.

Edit - Phone spelling blunder.
                              Last edited by nzfatmatt; 2016-03-10, 09:26.

Comment

• ZK-MVB currently just showing NZM55 only
                                CaptureNZM55.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X