No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may have to email support@flightradar24.com to let them know correct ones. It will be ignoring your traffic as tagged aircraft will be too far from actual location so ignored

They'll also re-allocate you a correct NZWNx one

Often catch is decimal vs deg
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Noob error
      Thank you muchly! I spent a bit of the day trying to understand why I was getting lots of hits but the polar plot was not showing anything :/
      I've killed it for now and will be back when it's sorted

Comment

• Originally posted by asrw1nz View Post
        Noob error
        Thank you muchly! I spent a bit of the day trying to understand why I was getting lots of hits but the polar plot was not showing anything :/
        I've killed it for now and will be back when it's sorted
        Locally on the Dump1090 webpage (if you are running mutability), you can re-specify if you enabled it and your target is wrong there too.
        sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

Or re-run the setup wizard if its the FR24feed one. Stop it first of course, and then sudo fr24feed --signup
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Now T-NZWN28 Ty for the assistance!

Comment

• Be sure to still inform them to abandon the other if you re-registered with a new key and didn't get changed via email. Or itll stick stagnant against your acct

Comment

• Well drop them a note now

Comment

• Have just updated the FR24 app on my tablet and when you highlight an aircraft, the Alt, Long, Lat figures are ticking over flat out just like looking at the display in the cockpit.

Awesome improvement

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                  Have just updated the FR24 app on my tablet and when you highlight an aircraft, the Alt, Long, Lat figures are ticking over flat out just like looking at the display in the cockpit.

Awesome improvement
                  I got it a day or two ago. I assume it's just an averaged extrapolation of the data, but numbers ticking over are so much cooler. However I'm sure we'll see the inevitable assumptions and statements by the general public, like the drunken MLAT planes etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                    I got it a day or two ago. I assume it's just an averaged extrapolation of the data, but numbers ticking over are so much cooler. However I'm sure we'll see the inevitable assumptions and statements by the general public, like the drunken MLAT planes etc.
                    Yep. Similar to when the option to disable predicted tracks was removed and the replacement 'realtime' guessing between the 8sec packets was put on

Comment

• Hope all the NZCH feeders are not too shaken. Saw the brief closure and planes holding while they checked the runway.

Comment

• Made for an unpleasant nap that's for sure

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

• South Islanders have had a close encounter with a Boeing 747-8 Freighter during the night. With LX-VCL of Cargolux passing along the southern coast.
                          Avalon (Melbourne) to South America

Edit: to Latacunga, Ecuador
                          Last edited by Westone; 2016-02-18, 18:38. Reason: Addition of Destination

Comment

• Just updating my list of receivers from FR24 Stats list.
                            Does anyone know is F-NZWN1 (41 South) still feeding data as not on FR24 list also his T feeders.
                            I know F-NZNV2 is feeding but also not on list

Comment

• Hi Westone my feeds have been down for some time due to various house moves, but I'm just now looking at getting at least one back up. F-NZWN1 will probably stay defunct as there are other F radars here now and FR24 isn't interested in me hosting anymore (damn, should have kept the gear! ). T-NZWN2 or 5 will hopefully come back soon

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                                Hi Westone my feeds have been down for some time due to various house moves, but I'm just now looking at getting at least one back up. F-NZWN1 will probably stay defunct as there are other F radars here now and FR24 isn't interested in me hosting anymore (damn, should have kept the gear! ). T-NZWN2 or 5 will hopefully come back soon
                                Thanks for the update 41 south. Did the FR24 gear stay in NZ??

Comment

Working...
                                X