No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (at least to me) statistics page: https://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics
    There are 86 feeders in New Zealand. You can update your account with a user-name and get rid of the "Anonymous". (will prop. take a day to update)

NZ-stats.JPG

Comment

• Ha, look at that. Also didn't know it was there

https://www.flightradar24.com/premiu...e_username.php for direct alias change.

Wow, my stats are pretty sad lol. Probably includes the test Pi when it averages and lowers it. Well, thats my excuse
      Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-11-03, 22:03.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Cool that looks useful in being able to work out who's around. I'll update mine tonight.

Also, got screen shots of it but having trouble uploading to show. Noticed yesterday MLAT planes becoming ADS-B. It had my radar named on website, either T-NZWN7 or 12. Both are Pis with Flight Radar as main and also Flight aware.

When I looked at dump1090 for BOTH they showed up there with a crazy track and BOTH receivers had the exact same squiggle track. This was also what showed up on the site. I just don't see how 2 separate receivers are playing up the same.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• That will be the FA client feeding the MLAT back into 30002 for FR24 to collect and be sent as yours, not MLAT

Theres a current thread with troublesome ones listed, pay to throw it in there if they don't read this themselves.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
            Cool that looks useful in being able to work out who's around. I'll update mine tonight.

Also, got screen shots of it but having trouble uploading to show. Noticed yesterday MLAT planes becoming ADS-B. It had my radar named on website, either T-NZWN7 or 12. Both are Pis with Flight Radar as main and also Flight aware.

When I looked at dump1090 for BOTH they showed up there with a crazy track and BOTH receivers had the exact same squiggle track. This was also what showed up on the site. I just don't see how 2 separate receivers are playing up the same.

As Oblivian says, you are cross feeding MLAT position resolutions from FlightAware back into Flightradar24. You probably do this unintentionally, maybe in order to display MLAT aircraft in VRS or another local tool.
            I believe a solution has been described in the RPi-MLAT-Beta thread within the last 1-2 months. It has certainly been discussed intensely. I will try to dig out the solution, but please also have a look through yourself.
            Apparently FR24 them self have no way of filtering out the Flightaware data.

Comment

• Cheers Oblivian and Kpin. I'll get onto it in the weekend.

Comment

Cheers Oblivian and Kpin. I'll get onto it in the weekend.

This might be a starting point:
                We are happy to announce public beta testing phase of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Local tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2

We are happy to announce public beta testing phase of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Local tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2
                Last edited by Kpin; 2015-11-04, 22:08.

Comment

• USAF C-17 05-5151 (AE1455) airborne out of Ohakea on full ADS-B this morning.
                  Michael
                  Palmerston North,
                  New Zealand
                  ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Someone up there has a FLARM uploader too. Just seeing a glider around taupo

Comment

• A two ship formation low level C-17's. ADS-B is intermittent.

2Ship.jpg
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• MRC Reported a bit of para-duty happening recently. Could well be similar

Comment

• Frenchies are off

Been a while since we had one of them

French.jpg

Comment

Cheers Oblivian and Kpin. I'll get onto it in the weekend.
                            This should be the way to go:
                            From the New Feeder Spotted (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/3851-New-Feeder-Spotted) thread: As I mentioned on the other thread, I'm T-YPPH2 and I'm about 6km from Perth Airport. Still running on a window-mount that amazes me with the range I get, and have a Panorama Antennas 1090Mhz ready to go on my 2m mast

Comment

• You northern folk have some new data to start adding to databases/logs

Jetstar Regional New Zealand Dash 8-Q300 VH-TQM has made a return trip to New Zealand and arrived at Auckland from Brisbane via Norfolk Is...

local CAA code of SCR

VH-SBI, 7C5B4C
                              VH-TQD 7C6273
                              VH-TQK 7C627A
                              VH-TQL 7C627B
                              VH-TQM 7C627C

Comment

• There appears to be a new receiver in the Westport area (F-NZWS2) which is getting some very good coverage out in the Tasman, It was also tracking a couple of flights from SYD & MEL to ZQN before D-NZNV3 took over.FNZWS2.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X