X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Saw the transponder re-appear last week for a wee bit.

They're at it again so we will no doubt see it once sucessfull.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9145...-wanaka-launch
    I love that Wanaka receiver, for this reason.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Saw the transponder re-appear last week for a wee bit.

They're at it again so we will no doubt see it once sucessfull.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9145...-wanaka-launch

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Nothing like a bit of CnBs humor

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...ncer-awareness

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Success it seems. Timelapse on TV 1 along with some fast processed pics.

Shame they opened the floor to the armchair critics thoughts however

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Assuming the fog doesn't roll in like they had this morning [emoji14]

Leave a comment:

• haydenmarsh
    replied
    Originally posted by nzdn1 View Post
    My setup at the airport can get coverage south of Stewart Island at times of QF passing by. I guess the Invercargill boys will be the best bet for further south.I've got to be at work for the 4am arrival,early start.So should get a report on what they saw.
    Hoping to get somewhat good coverage then, got a couple family members aboard the flight.

Leave a comment:

• nzdn1
    replied
    Originally posted by haydenmarsh View Post
    Any idea how good the ADSB Coverage would be for this Aurora Flight? I know it will be relatively fine from Dunedin down to Invercargill area, but apart from that?
    My setup at the airport can get coverage south of Stewart Island at times of QF passing by. I guess the Invercargill boys will be the best bet for further south.I've got to be at work for the 4am arrival,early start.So should get a report on what they saw.

Leave a comment:

• haydenmarsh
    replied
    Be about it. Heads SE so will only be as good as coastal cover of Invercargill and gone. Unless it has sat uplink, in which case it may appear on FA

Ah yeah, just as I thought. oh well. will track it until it falls off the radar :P

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by haydenmarsh View Post
    Any idea how good the ADSB Coverage would be for this Aurora Flight? I know it will be relatively fine from Dunedin down to Invercargill area, but apart from that?
    Be about it. Heads SE so will only be as good as coastal cover of Invercargill and gone. Unless it has sat uplink, in which case it may appear on FA

Leave a comment:

• haydenmarsh
    replied
    Last edited by haydenmarsh; 2017-03-23, 05:16.

Leave a comment:

• nzdn1
    replied
    Leaves at around 21.00 and due back in at between 0400 and 0500 24/3 .only selling the window pair seats so everyone gets a view.

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    You'll see a 767 into Dunedin later on for aurora charter late tonight. Couple of firsts being made

That would be an awesome flight to be on.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    You'll see a 767 into Dunedin later on for aurora charter late tonight. Couple of firsts being made

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    Nice to hear the Dash8 clear reports as it flies in to Timaru ; 3 flights a day. Makes it easier to track even without Mlats. Wish they would put ads-b into the Dash 8's.
    Would be nice. Whether they do it is another matter. It'll be whichever comes first. Requirement for ADS-B in controlled Airspace or replace them with ATR42 most likely.

Leave a comment:

• Petenz
    replied
    Nice to hear the Dash8 clear reports as it flies in to Timaru ; 3 flights a day. Makes it easier to track even without Mlats. Wish they would put ads-b into the Dash 8's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X