No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy, in the IO settings enable TCP/IP Server, it already has the port there as 30003. Thats all the app for FR24 is looking for.
    Thanks;I enabled 3003 and lo and behold ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
      Easy, in the IO settings enable TCP/IP Server, it already has the port there as 30003. Thats all the app for FR24 is looking for.
      Thanks;I enabled 3003 and lo and behold ......
      (reply with quote button is what you want to do this ^^ )

Nice But of wanaka cover today too I'm seeing from you. And now at least you get some pretty maps instead of adsbscope, as functional as is for being free, the database management is a bit to be desired. PP does do a good job at that with the SQBs

And then like Mike from Palmy, I dump to SQL and do stuff with the data locally to keep an eye on things Like this
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• If anyone wants to add to their radar.txt file, I did a check last night and I *think* this is the Mode-S ground radar details for NZCH:
        II 6 -43.493 172.523 12.308 (you have to close/re-open PP after editing)
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I have been trying MLAT with mixed results. I see Hyper curves from the ChCh based group, but for some reason I don't seem to be generating hyper curves from my position when I see the aircraft is within my orbit. Any ideas from anyone?

Comment

• Finding the same, I've had 2 successful attempts at it. It makes me think there's still only 2 of us and possibly 1 more uploading the raw data, and as a result it relies on the other 2 being fully functional at the time to get a hit on it. And if one of them is yourself, can't pinpoint it properly.

If you enable the sharer info line on the airplane view ('a' will bring this up) you can see they change around but some are only 2 stns. For instance I will see ft ft ft Pv Pv which is just you and I. Or some will appear orange (mlat possible but not accurate) and be from ft Pv eR Pv eR for instance.

NZCH6 was able to find the C17 ICE08 above you the other day using it, but at the same time I couldn't see it on screen at all! and had to re-start PP for them to appear and be logged as active contacts.

Reading the MLAT pdf in the PP folder, tends to indicate there needs to be both a known ads-b position aircraft, and a number of Mode-S on screen at the same time for it to work out the direction. And then if the 60second data sampling the server is doing is out of sync fo other stations, it won't get enough data. I think this is also where the appearing/disappearing shared data comes into it.

So at a guess we either need a lot more airplanes to increase accuracy, or a lot more groundstations active than the 3 it claims it needs

Comment

• Hi Cantabs. I seem to finally have my PlanePlotter up and running. I've configured the settings as per your post from last week, Oblivian, and I seem to be sharing aok. Hopefully that may make a difference to the MLAT. Mark / NZCH4

Comment

• Glad it helped

Comment

• For the Canterbury area users, i see another 2 users showing up L8 and eR and yr so hopefully they join the MLAT group too
                  Last edited by NZWND NDB; 2012-10-07, 07:15.

Comment

• I think I am yr; where did you see that pop up?

Comment

• Originally posted by quaternary View Post
                      I think I am yr; where did you see that pop up?
                      If you enable shared data as above, then a lot of the AC in the list (press a) will appear with a column down the right called 'sharers' where who else is sharing the same plane shows.

If its missing you adjust the aircraft list display columns/options.

Comment

• Got a few (6) hypercurves all centered in the Christchurch area which seemed to show a definite position Very encouraging.I seem to be the only 'country' member being situated away out in Geraldine. Be good to have another sharer near Mt Somers. Anyone want to move?

Comment

• Thanks for that, Oblivian. I see the 'Sharers' column now in the 'Aircraft View' window, on right hand side of the table. I've been looking at the documentation to work out why most are in a light, bright green text, but a few are in black, but without success. The other curious thing is that my sharecode seems to have spontaneously changed. It was yr, now it's L8. Also, on this page: http://www.coaa.co.uk/ppuserversions.php my sharecode L8 doesn't have the '+' in front of it, so there must be something I don't have set up correctly I'm guessing; I'll have to go through and check my settings again when I have a moment.

Comment

• Hmm, Sharecode shouldn't change. Unless registration number or server side has too. May pay to go help-about to check and perhaps email Bev or the team to clarify why it could change.

The colours are indicative of if the source uploader is a Groundstation, Master User or just a sharer. Green should mean an auto-Mlat is enabled/possible on any non-position aircraft (no GPS info in the field) as long as there is a couple of different sharers listed and a known position aircraft to use as a reference. Orange aircraft I think is it might be possible.

The + on the maps indicates person has signed up to yahoogroup planeplotter-mlat and requested groundstation authentication (generally have to be a 24/7 uploader to be granted)

Comment

• Ok, I think I've done all that now, Oblivian, let's see ... I've got a +. Whohoo.

Comment

• Here's a map of how the Cantabs lie - we are all quite linear, aren't we. I agree with Petenz - I think someone should move to Mt Somers - I hear it's very nice this time of year.South Island Shares.png

Comment

Working...
                                X