No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There has been another update to Planeplotter, which will affect Mlat if we are not all on the same version.

Note below taken from the PP Forum
    "I have modified the way in which raw data is transferred from Ground Station to Master User (or Sector Master User) to reduce the time it takes to transfer the data and so reduce the load on each Ground Station. This will be particularly welcomed by Ground Stations with high productivity. The burden of sending all the data to other users can be intrusive under previous versions.

As part of this update, it is necessary to update the processing of the incoming raw data in the 'customer' Master Users. Be aware that in view of this, it is more than usually imperative to perform this update as soon as possible. A Master User running a previous version will be unable to process raw data coming from a Ground Station on this version so Mlats will be degraded or will fail. Normally we strive to maintain backward compatibility but in this case, because a change of protocol is involved, it is not possible to apply this principle.
    At the same time, this new version will facilitate the transfer of raw data from free-standing RPIs, with a corresponding improvement in the performance."

Comment

• Interesting, just verified ADS-B from two USAF C-17 lately bashing the Ohakea circuit but not showing on FR24. TONG21 and TONG55 (05-5151 and 99-0170 respectively). Plenty of other USAF C130 and C17 around Ohakea this morning, obviously getting some training in for Exercise Southern Katipo. See here.

And a piccy to boot!

TONG12.jpg
      Last edited by nzradar; 2015-10-31, 03:14.
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Michael, Tong 21 shows on the a/c view on PP, but no screen view; frustrating! Must have turned off the ADS-B .

Comment

• Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it on my ADS-B log. It will be interesting to see how they are using it during the exercise.
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Just saw RCH 700 briefly near Westport; unusual area as it is mostly on the DeepFreeze run. May have been a Mlat, but didn't look like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
              Just saw RCH 700 briefly near Westport; unusual area as it is mostly on the DeepFreeze run. May have been a Mlat, but didn't look like it.
              They may have done a swap for katipo. As I had the new one as that earlier.

31-10 13:18 09-9211 C17 RCH700
              31-10 17:53 10-0217 C17 RCH700
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Basara appears to be getting troop reinforcements!

katipo.jpg
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• A C17 was circling at low altitude over Westport today, part of the Southern Katipo exercise.
                  It wasn't showing on Flightradar at the time.

A C130 has just come in now, checking FR it lost MLAT at about 4000m altitude on the way in.

How many stations are required for an MLAT hit?

Comment

• Originally posted by lokeynz View Post
                    A C17 was circling at low altitude over Westport today, part of the Southern Katipo exercise.
                    It wasn't showing on Flightradar at the time.

A C130 has just come in now, checking FR it lost MLAT at about 4000m altitude on the way in.

How many stations are required for an MLAT hit?
                    About 4 is optimal. Can do it on 3 but often too patchy so it gets it wrong or is ignored. Theres enough here on the eastern coast that see across there and the one in nelson and greymouth take care of the rest of the work. But from here we don't see down to such low altitudes as say chc airport where MLAT is good to 1200ft or lower at times.

Comment

• Time for Qantas to paint an A380 All Black!!!!!!! Well done team

Comment

• Got my new gear up the mast and running, I'm pretty happy with the coverage I'm now getting.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeriWX View Post
                          Got my new gear up the mast and running, I'm pretty happy with the coverage I'm now getting.
                          Congratulations. Please show us your polar plot once you have had it running for a few days

Comment

• Appears the invasion has begun

Early morning NZ C130 'Lifter' dumped troops on the deck. Since had C17 TONGO 03 and recently Lifter 02 at low alts

Comment

• On 30 October and 2 November I've had Mode-S hits of C87E14 which I can't tie to an airframe so suspecting it might be a miss-code.

30 October it was flying 1400-1600 local between 1275 and 5050 feet squawking 6545
                              2 November it was flying 1420-1640 local between 200 and 7800 feet squawking 6524 and 6531

Initial thoughts are NH90 NZ3308 which should be C87F14 which I haven't seen since down this way since 20 July.

Anyone confirm this?
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Not had it down these parts by looks.

It is in the C87* NZ Mil range though

Comment

Working...
                                X