New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
    There have been a number of additions to the list over the past 6 weeks. Please check that we have your details correct. If any details need changing, please e-mail.
    Hi Westone
    I just saw T-NZMB7 active on a low level helicopter north of Auckland
    Also you are missing Taupo in the top summary of airports

Comment

• Originally posted by b34k3r View Post
      Im using a Raspberry Pi with Realtek DVB-T. I have a N to BNC connector, then the BNC via F connector running RG6 for about 2m to the Raspberry Pi & beling-lee in the ceiling space of the garage.
      The Same Coax runs just fine to the 1/4 wave which terminates to a BNC. The difference is the 1/4 wave is insulated by the PVC pipe its sitting at the top of, the FlightAware one is earthed / grounded to the antenna post stack & garage roof. I would assume it is fine to ground the antenna otherwise it would have used insulated mountings.
      Right, so Ive re-mounted it onto a PVC pipe instead of a steel one, no longer grounded to the roof and the Antenna works well, out-performs my 1/4 wave marginally by getting over 150nm

My other question is does anyone have FR24 feed working concurrently with adsbscope, the only way I seem to get this working is by running dump1090 and having ADSB and FR24 feed connecting to that, the port 30002 listener on FR24 simply feeds no data out of it.

Comment

• Ah so it was related. From my desktop tests, no dump1090 as its built in to fr24. And from mem enable raw using command line, options off on Fr. Then adsb connects on 31001 (or was it 2) instead. Shall confirm when I get back to my dataflow map

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Put myself wrong there. RTL uses 31001

I have jotted down, Dump1090 with --net, FR24feed options for BS/RAW off. The resulting 30002 worked in ADSBScope

And standalone feeder, no --net in the extra options and that the same happened if you toggled RAW out to yes. I'd need to dig out my stick and confirm I actually got pass-through data.

Some versions also support a -beast option.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The final flight for ANZ B733's! ZK-NGI ANZ557 6 September 2015. RIP

06 September 2015 marks the final day for the venerable Boeing 737 in Air New Zealand service. As this post goes to air ZK-NGI will be half...

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
            Michael
            Palmerston North,
            New Zealand
            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
              The final flight for ANZ B733's! ZK-NGI ANZ557 6 September 2015. RIP

06 September 2015 marks the final day for the venerable Boeing 737 in Air New Zealand service. As this post goes to air ZK-NGI will be half...

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...k-ngi/#7578194
              Two 737s in Christchurch tonight. ZK-NGK and NGI. Great workhorses for ANZ and Kiwis all over the country. Travel Well!

Comment

• Hello FR24 Feeders,

I'm a recent feeder to FR24 and a couple of other sites concurrently as well, using a R820T RTL-SDR USB Receiver connected into a Raspberry Pi 2. I've just finished building a 1090MHz Collinear, and now just need to get the correct coax connectors for the coax I have, so I can mount it onto my small mast on the fence. Hopefully I'll increase the range significantly!

Cheers from Christchurch,
                David (T-NZCH23)

Comment

• Originally posted by v1rot-8 View Post
                  Hello FR24 Feeders,

I'm a recent feeder to FR24 and a couple of other sites concurrently as well, using a R820T RTL-SDR USB Receiver connected into a Raspberry Pi 2. I've just finished building a 1090MHz Collinear, and now just need to get the correct coax connectors for the coax I have, so I can mount it onto my small mast on the fence. Hopefully I'll increase the range significantly!

Cheers from Christchurch,
                  David (T-NZCH23)
                  Welcome! AS you can see we have our own workin lil community of kiwis.

Hard to find some of the connectors now with the demise of real electrical outlet stores, GoWiFi have a few (use to be based in kaiapoi). And I got my LMR from a place up north that also does them http://www.hrholdings.co.nz/cc.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    And I got my LMR from a place up north that also does them http://www.hrholdings.co.nz/cc.html
                    Thanks for that info, Oblivian. Hoping to upgrade from my cheap dongle to a beast (Fingers crossed) so will need some good cable

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                      Thanks for that info, Oblivian. Hoping to upgrade from my cheap dongle to a beast (Fingers crossed) so will need some good cable
                      I'm also running a premade pigtail with chunky coax from mine.
                      http://www.gowifi.co.nz/coax-etherne...de-cables.html ($6 for their -400)

Have a bit of a mix, so quite the suite of adaptors to try and keep out multiple ones in a chain.

ADSB is N, my CB and UHF are both SO/PL259 so have a SO-BNC for my scanner to use those
                      Primary ADSB is a DPD on N-types and about 5m of LMR400
                      N to SMA for the beast. (and also the MicroADSB)

Then I have USB MMCX to BNC , MMCX to F-type, MMCX to RP-SMA and from memory an N on the end of one as well so all can mix and match with minimal loss.

Those pigtails are good for boxed RPis being stuck up poles too. Direct from stick to antenna (if you make one with a N bulkhead like I did http://www.gowifi.co.nz/connectors/n...connector.html)

Comment

I'm also running a premade pigtail with chunky coax from mine.
                        http://www.gowifi.co.nz/coax-etherne...de-cables.html ($6 for their -400)

Have a bit of a mix, so quite the suite of adaptors to try and keep out multiple ones in a chain.

ADSB is N, my CB and UHF are both SO/PL259 so have a SO-BNC for my scanner to use those
                        Primary ADSB is a DPD on N-types and about 5m of LMR400
                        N to SMA for the beast. (and also the MicroADSB)

Then I have USB MMCX to BNC , MMCX to F-type, MMCX to RP-SMA and from memory an N on the end of one as well so all can mix and match with minimal loss.

Those pigtails are good for boxed RPis being stuck up poles too. Direct from stick to antenna (if you make one with a N bulkhead like I did http://www.gowifi.co.nz/connectors/n...connector.html)
                        Sounds like you have quite a setup there. May have to come for a visit one day, so I know what I am doing.

Comment

• Ha. Wait for pics.. you'll soon think otherwise!

Comment

• Geronimo!

c130.jpg

At least I can only but assume that is whats going at 12,000 ft

Comment

• The ghetto position with cable running out corner of window

The ghetto antenna on 2 joined poles (use to be that height but off the peak of the roof)

And the view of the northern approach path from here. Flyovers at about 2200ft

ANTENNA.jpg

Comment

The ghetto position with cable running out corner of window

The ghetto antenna on 2 joined poles (use to be that height but off the peak of the roof)

And the view of the northern approach path from here. Flyovers at about 2200ft

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6412[/ATTACH]
                                All looks quite tidy. Will get a pic of my mess on the roof tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X