No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For any Dunedin readers or feeders Zk-NGI the last ANZ 737-300 will be open to the public for cockpit visits and on board tours and to chat to the pilots ,crew and engineers next Wednesday the 9th Sept at Dunedin Airport.

Comment

• Just a little bit of useless information. Singapore Airlines Boeing 777 9V-SVC on the WSSS-NZCH and return route. Has being doing the turn and burn for 8 out of the last 10 days. Only missing the 30 & 31 August

Comment

• Dont spose anyone in or Close to Chch can test an Antenna for me? I purchased a FlightAware one they sell on Amazon, cost me an Arm and Leg to get it to NZ and it barely reaches 50NM, my home-brew 1/2 wave can reach out 150NM. I expected much better results!

Comment

• Yeowch! Not accidently sent you an airband one in error have they?

SHould have most the mid-element parts about 56mm
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Yeowch! Not accidently sent you an airband one in error have they?

SHould have most the mid-element parts about 56mm

The One I received is '1090MHz ADS-B Antenna - 66cm / 26in' sorry cant post the link, its a green one

Comment

• Most my gear is running LMR400 with N-type so potentially could. Just a PiTA to get the mast down

Which receiver do you have, and not too many adaptors in the chain etc? They can potentially lose 3dB each connection.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Im using a Raspberry Pi with Realtek DVB-T. I have a N to BNC connector, then the BNC via F connector running RG6 for about 2m to the Raspberry Pi & beling-lee in the ceiling space of the garage.
                The Same Coax runs just fine to the 1/4 wave which terminates to a BNC. The difference is the 1/4 wave is insulated by the PVC pipe its sitting at the top of, the FlightAware one is earthed / grounded to the antenna post stack & garage roof. I would assume it is fine to ground the antenna otherwise it would have used insulated mountings.

Comment

• Interesting. Mines essentially running free-air at present at the top of a portable flagpole base but secured to the guttering, with just the shielding providing what little earth there is back to the decoder.

I guess It could also be the stick potentially is now overloaded or higher gain causing slight signal shift/noise.

Comment

Interesting. Mines essentially running free-air at present at the top of a portable flagpole base but secured to the guttering, with just the shielding providing what little earth there is back to the decoder.

I guess It could also be the stick potentially is now overloaded or higher gain causing slight signal shift/noise.
                    I cant explain it either, which is why id like to try it on someone elses rig, either that of the antenna is busted internally which would explain why its as useful as a wire up a wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                      Radar Location list updated info can be found at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                      There have been a number of additions to the list over the past 6 weeks. Please check that we have your details correct. If any details need changing, please e-mail.

Comment

• First time I actually looked at it lol

My NZCH5 appears to have expired/been removed (doesnt show in accts). It was incorrectly assigned when they made the original 30003 feeder Beta public after I had been using it already with -1

And didn't realise you still had me at QE2 Moved 2 years ago to North Kaiapoi

Comment

• Thanks Oblivian, will update

Comment

• FWIW mine is T-NZCH25 and im in Linwood

Comment

• Welcome! Have seen it credited a few times.

Comment

Welcome! Have seen it credited a few times.
                                Sorry, mine is Actually T-NZCH24.. so no credit required

Comment

Working...
                                X