• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen shot for NZTU1

nztu 3.jpg

hopefully try # 3

Comment

• Thanks for that ; I have noticed my logo popping up in odd places lately, but was beaten tonight to Dunedin by NZCH2 . Must be the Troposphere changes as I see a lot of colour around NZ today and tomorrow. http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_aus.html

Comment

• Managed to get PlanePlotter going with Mlat etc Pete?

Seeing a lot of people in our area now, but not all are Mlat enabled http://www.coaa.co.uk/pp-user-charts.htm
        Each time I try and interrogate a non position aircraft, I keep being told theres not enough data and only 1 station replying
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Sorry, no; I cannot get the router to cooperate and I have tried several times to get it to workbut I always get 'rawdata out' invalid and 'GS' not available. Perhaps it is the sort of router I have , a Thomson TG 585 v8. When I open it it is nothing like the Port Forward description and thus i can't do what PF tells me to do. I do have 7942 and UDP enabled etc , but still no joy.

Comment

• Pete - what is your sharing code ? I am getting quite a few here but would be nice to know whos who I am D1 , Craig ft

Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
              Sorry, no; I cannot get the router to cooperate and I have tried several times to get it to workbut I always get 'rawdata out' invalid and 'GS' not available. Perhaps it is the sort of router I have , a Thomson TG 585 v8. When I open it it is nothing like the Port Forward description and thus i can't do what PF tells me to do. I do have 7942 and UDP enabled etc , but still no joy.
              Strange, at this early stage of setup its not vital, not should it be related to the pinhole settings as its outgoing for becoming a groundstation

I'll take a few screenshots of my PP settings for you to compare. Then of course once the network tests all pass OK you have to request ground station status in one of their yahoo forums
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• ppscreen.jpg

Attached is my current SS from PP. As you can see I have it enabled to show route paths forever so I can keep an eye on my range and any strange test paths I may miss out on.

As for the settings..

You need to hit the wee blue arrows up the top by the map download button to allow traffic in/out. Arrow in means you DL from groundstations like me, both directions means you are also uploading to the server.

Under IO settings you should have mode-S/ADSB selected and AVR Reciver as the tpye (goes without saying)
                With UDP/IP Data from net also ticked. (And the local UDP port as 9742) Along with Allow Auto Mlats and Raw data for MLats - those are the key ones. The auto one will sit there and try and find locations without you asking, the raw data is the key to becomming a groundstation with your uploads.

Under UDP output I only have Mode-S ticked so I am only tracking those presently.

Under Options - Sharing - Setup
                I do NOT accept shared routes, is it bungs up the local database. But I do download/upload positionless data (think this is for mlat too) And I only have download/upload options set to Mode-S, Beamfinder and DF-18

Give those options a go, and then go through the network tests under help again and see what it says. Your clock also has to be spot-on too, so I have an NTP update tool to look at it every 30seconds or so.

If you like the look of mine, Under chart options I have predict Positions OFF, as it does not reflect true signal dead spots. Perm Trail and delete/omit after 1min both set to also help me find deadspots. I also turn off Contrails on shared data to hide those dots you see up there near wellington from being lines. I don't really have range up there, thats the shared data from the wellington user as it is contacted/dropped. If you don't have a nice local map like this I can help out with that too

Of course, anyone else is welcome to follow along that is trying around this area too
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2012-09-28, 23:10.

Comment

• Hi Oblivian,
                  I have all those settings enabled in the I/O area but though they say yes to Raw data en. they also say No to Raw data valid and N/A to GS and MU . I have NTP enabled and the Clock setting is fine.My chart options are the same as yours basically. How do you enable PP to show route paths forever?
                  I have just been informed by COAA that I am able to use Multilateration as I have enabled the router finally. Just have to ask for vindication I guess
                  Last edited by Petenz; 2012-09-29, 11:42. Reason: new data

Comment

• GS/MU (Ground station - able to be used to MLAT) and Master User (able to receive web shared traffic) will only happen if you join the yahoo group and request validation, but that relies on the other network tests functioning fine first.

As for the tracks 'Perm Trail' tickbox in the chart settings. I also have 120sec length and 20 steps.

Comment

• Actually I wonder if its related to the MicroADSB Dip switches or FW on it itself. Mines up to V10 (available from sprut.de)

Comment

• How do you enable PP to show route paths forever?

I have just been informed by COAA that I am able to use Multilateration as I have enabled the router finally. Just have to ask for vindication I guess
                        I have just been accepted as GS/MU by Plane Plotter and have tried the MLAT idea but not enough GS for fixes yet; need more people on ground stations( Somewhere near Mt Cook if possible ;-))
                        Last edited by Petenz; 2012-09-30, 02:33. Reason: new Data

Comment

• Yeah getting same thing still even though there is 3 of us as known GS's now

Not very cheerful, I was expecting it should be able to be done now! Each time I do it I get told 1 GS only, Which is of course incorrect. As there is me (ft), x7, d1 and Dk showing up as all sending the same aircraft data!

Hopefully noone caught your registration info from the request post What is your sharer code btw, will be 2 letters at end of the first line on help-about.

I get similar to you, Shared AC showing up and then disappearing from the list as quick as they came. And most of them Orange, which means not a good MLAT possible, they are meant to be green.

/edit I just downloaded a new version of the groundstations list, so now I get 3 circles around where the sharers are.. Just missing yours (as it wont be updated) http://www.coaa.co.uk/sharerlocations.php
                          Last edited by Oblivian; 2012-09-30, 06:34.

Comment

• Nevermind.. Found you. Pv (how handy starting with a P)

So theres 4 of us in canterbury now with GS status, but dK in Wellington is not to help work out the ones between us.

Comment

• Possibly when the info comes back about only being 1 sharer , the inference is that the others are either not online or using ads-bScope rather than PP. I do, to send data to Flightradar24. Haven't yet found a way to use PP to send data to Flightradar.

Comment

• Easy, in the IO settings enable TCP/IP Server, it already has the port there as 30003. Thats all the app for FR24 is looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X