Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    It had its first flight this afternoon. NS-EN-RO-WN. So your still to await the privilege!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Not made it down here yet in last 48hrs

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    ZK-NEA?

I have to wonder if that's a successful FR24 MLAT mislabel?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8673[/ATTACH]
    NFA. Sorry didn't realise the screenshot which was readable is now not readable. It's in Wellington last time I checked. Definitely ADS-B. Saw it on Dump1090.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    ZK-NEA?

I have to wonder if that's a successful FR24 MLAT mislabel?

zknea.JPG

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    First Q300 with ADS-B. Onto second flight today. Obviously been in maintenance since 7 May. Let the rollout continue. Heard that it would be by end of year.

Leave a comment:

• fungus
    replied
    The following seems to include the time frame etc for ADS-B fitment in New Zealand;

If it's anything like Australia there will be exceptions as you've noted.

There's a little more info here although I haven't read the entire document/s;

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-12, 05:39.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Your mlats are only on those with ssr transponders but no gps integration. Or position tx off.

Those that don't appear at all are vfr only at a guess. Usually small AC that don't go near high enough for commercial airspace control possibly

Plenty of STOL and home builts with none. Guess there's some rulings around being fitted with one and not

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPete
    replied
    A quick question, do all aircraft have to have a transponder running?

I often am sitting at home and hear something in the sky so look it up on my local PiAware and there is nothing there. Main culprits seem to be some light aircraft and helicopters, esspecially the Police one (kind of makes sense if they don't use one). I am configureds for MLAT so usually see those.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    Dang, similar to last year isn't it. Though it lasted a lot longer last year. Went to Australia first I think I remember.

Indeed. Last year didn't appear to go anywhere near as long as the loons and tests prior. I recall having one come past 3 or so times

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Dang, similar to last year isn't it. Though it lasted a lot longer last year. Went to Australia first I think I remember.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Oh damn.

Shes on its way down..

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPete
    replied
    Hi all,
    Got a couple of toys here if anyone is interested.

I have been playing with the vector graphics in PiAware for sometime now and have just updated my code to work with PiAware 3.5.0.

There are two things you need to make this work well here in NZ, a descent JSON database and the new markers.js file. I have been building the JSON DB now from scratch since last year and it now has most of the locally visiting fleets and is up to daye with CAAs NZ register as of about two weeks ago.

PLEASE MAKE BACKUPS FIRST!

To use this you need to replace the markers.js file in /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html

Then delete all the JSON files in the /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/db and replace them with the contents of the attached zip.

You will need to reload the browser completely, I suggest testing with private/incognito mode.

There is one notable bug I have not been able to fix, I cannot get the outline on the aircraft to change when selected without considerable recoding.

When done you too can have this view:
    350Screenshot.JPG

Here are the links to the files:
    http://iaucklan63.net/db.zip
    http://iaucklan63.net/markers.js

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• scottjpalmer
    replied
    Been visible here in Carterton all morning

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Yep. Just shy of 111,000 ft

25-0418:33N351WQ

It was patchy from 530 as it got closer to the antennas oval limits at a guess. Or they switched off ADSB onto sat only. Not sure as was off FR24 for quite some time while still over land.

You can see the 90,000ft winds here and follow its probable path

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren...84,-40.85,2607
    I love that site. Other than it being actually useful it's just such a cool map that you can sit and stare at. Was looking at it yesterday morning, then didn't look at it again.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Yep. Just shy of 111,000 ft

25-04 18:33 N351WQ

It was patchy from 530 as it got closer to the antennas oval limits at a guess. Or they switched off ADSB onto sat only. Not sure as was off FR24 for quite some time while still over land.

You can see the 90,000ft winds here and follow its probable path

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X