New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    I have noticed that several of the local Business jets are now equipped with ADS-B and also I recently saw during the Ashburton 'fly in' at least 4 microlights equipped with ADS-B. The skies are gradually filling up.
    Which ones?

Theres a couple of freshies in the country that have always had it on far as I know. N650AB, the 2nd kiwi homed G650. And baby JAK has been scooting around along with N146EX. I see PGA doing the rounds today too (most of which are lacking the info online)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I noticed 2 Beechcraft T-6C Texan II trainers flying Melbourne to Brisbane, with registrations NZ1408 and 1409 and using flight HKB130 and HKB176. I assume these are some of the first to be delivered to the NZAF. The net suggests an order of 16 to be delivered by 2016. They only have Mode-S transponders.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanno View Post
        I noticed 2 Beechcraft T-6C Texan II trainers flying Melbourne to Brisbane, with registrations NZ1408 and 1409 and using flight HKB130 and HKB176. I assume these are some of the first to be delivered to the NZAF. The net suggests an order of 16 to be delivered by 2016. They only have Mode-S transponders.
        Yeap, We got a few sitting over here already. They will have been to the airshow to show them off no doubt. Was a couple on delivery recently too

/edit

One and the same models..

The Royal New Zealand Air Force 8th and 9th Texan II's are making their way across Australia headed for the Australian International Airsho...
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hmm. Rotorua 2 uploader

How longs that one been there First I had noticed. But then I don't scan the north too much

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Hmm. Rotorua 2 uploader

How longs that one been there First I had noticed. But then I don't scan the north too much
            Since about November last year

Comment

• I'm having a shocker.

Even missed this last night..

00:00 ZK-OXH A320 NZ6397 C821EE

Quick in after OXG only last week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                I'm having a shocker.

Even missed this last night..

00:00 ZK-OXH A320 NZ6397 C821EE

Quick in after OXG only last week!
                Yes, it stopped by KUL on 28/2/15 evening and took flight to CNS on 1/3/15 afternoon time.

See link:

Comment

• I had assumed the new Texan I was seeing was just another BE 200 that the NZAF had recently been flying around the country. I was wrong. Developed from the Pilatus P7, these are what the USAF, Greece, Israel,Morocco, Mexico, and the UK has been, or will be, using as trainers.
                  I see them as trainers more for close support for ground action, or fighters, than for heavy troop carriers and long range surveillance. Are we seeing a changing role for our future airforce?
                  T-6C Texan II that NZ is buying is an upgraded version of the T-6B with wing hard points, and intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance capabilities. And probably very exciting to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                    I had assumed the new Texan I was seeing was just another BE 200 that the NZAF had recently been flying around the country. I was wrong. Developed from the Pilatus P7, these are what the USAF, Greece, Israel,Morocco, Mexico, and the UK has been, or will be, using as trainers.
                    I see them as trainers more for close support for ground action, or fighters, than for heavy troop carriers and long range surveillance. Are we seeing a changing role for our future airforce?
                    T-6C Texan II that NZ is buying is an upgraded version of the T-6B with wing hard points, and intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance capabilities. And probably very exciting to fly.
                    Unfortunately Pete, just a training aircraft to replace the CT-4E Air Trainers. See http://www.airforce.mil.nz/about-us/...ircraft/t6.htm

Mode-S transponders but no ADS-B............yet!
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Mode-S transponders but no ADS-B............yet!
                      Odd that the Beechcraft 200's the NZRAF are using for multi engine training have ADS-B , but these Texans are without; perhaps they have it, but like some of our ATR 76's are uncertified? Unless, like most US Military aircraft, they prefer to be unseen. I wonder if the when 2020 comes along and all NZ aircraft have to be visible by ADS-B/C, the Military will be exempt.

Comment

• One to keep an eye out for on Monday..

Likely to be a monster, easily seen on dusk.

Able to carry a few tonne! and go ~110,000ft

Comment

• One to keep an eye out for on Monday..

Likely to be a monster, easily seen on dusk.

Able to carry a few tonne! and go ~110,000ft

Hope it is able to carry ADS-B . If SW winds It should come this way and as I got a good look at the Google balloons I may get lucky if skies clear.

Comment

• One would hope so.

If ODT are to be believed, launch put off pending decision at 2pm today for potential Tues release.

Bit of a worry that the supercell Pam can cause upper atmosphere winds to suck toward it!

Even if no ADSB, it's got a spider track. http://www.csbf.nasa.gov/newzealand/wanaka.htm

Comment

• Ticky tour!

ASY315.jpg

Comment

• Whoops.

That would have been an interesting day if anyone was sitting at the end of the runway shooting like I've done on the odd occasion.

But sounds very much like it's now an off-limits area even if on foot

And, 3rd delay of balloon.
                                The launch of the $1.2 million balloon is now set for about 7am on Wednesday.

The launch has been delayed since Sunday because the winds in the stratosphere make the balloon's trajectory unacceptable.
                                Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-03-16, 02:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X