New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Coaster & All,

90 ft above sea level is a good height, I'm only about 25 feet above sea level. Had my best range today 229nm over the last 24 hours my unit gone offline 3 times for 18 minutes each time, would anybody have any idea way it would do that at all?

Jeffrey

Comment

• Originally posted by h2ogasnz View Post
      Hi Coaster & All,

90 ft above sea level is a good height, I'm only about 25 feet above sea level. Had my best range today 229nm over the last 24 hours my unit gone offline 3 times for 18 minutes each time, would anybody have any idea way it would do that at all?

Jeffrey
      Need to log a ticket with the support@ email. They can check advanced logs at both ends
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I see that receiver with radar code R9ab is tracking Virgin flight voz134 SYD - CHC. Does anyone know who or where it is. Could be on the West Coast as picking flight up before F-NZHK1 took over for a short time.
        Has been popping up for about a week now, which would be a long time for a temporary code.

Comment

• [QUOTE]I see that receiver with radar code R9ab is tracking Virgin flight voz134 SYD - CHC. Does anyone know who or where it is.[/QUOTE

R9 is Temuka , not so sure about the ab part.

Comment

• See Ive had range of 299nm out to the east..........that's a jolly long way!

Comment

• What was the flight or airframe?
              Michael
              Palmerston North,
              New Zealand
              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• nzradar,don't know,Im just going by my stats page.Only time Ive seen range that far in that direction.

Comment

• Have just spied another new FR24 receiver online down south. F-NZNV3

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                    Have just spied another new FR24 receiver online down south. F-NZNV3
                    Unless I'm just slow, paraparaumu too
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I'd forgotten to keep my eye on melbourne this week.

Avalon this weekend! Just happened to swoop over there now and spot a few bizjet come and go, and the kiwis reposition for their famous demonstration on the weekend.

KIW481.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Unless I'm just slow, paraparaumu too
                        Paraparaumu has been online since beginning of December. I think that there are now 30 FR24 receivers in NZ

Comment

• Almost seems overkill. We're so small if you get a constant uploader with resonable view, half of each island is covered in 1 go no matter the location

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Almost seems overkill. We're so small if you get a constant uploader with resonable view, half of each island is covered in 1 go no matter the location
                            Yes it is overkill. We have 18/19 here in south Is alone. Quess they want better Mlat coverage, but then we don't have the volumes of traffic like the rest of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                              Quess they want better Mlat coverage, but then we don't have the volumes of traffic like the rest of the world.
                              I agree that MLAT is what's required as that is more a realistic option for aviation generally, ADS-B is cots prohibitive for GA pilots. However, until FR24 gets MLAT working nicely down to ground level we'll only ever see the mostly commercial Mode-S traffic. I would suggest that per capita we have as much GA traffic as anywhere else and once that comes on stream through FR then the maps will be pretty full.
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I have noticed that several of the local Business jets are now equipped with ADS-B and also I recently saw during the Ashburton 'fly in' at least 4 microlights equipped with ADS-B. The skies are gradually filling up.

Comment

Working...
                                X