New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I'm about 1/2km back from the shore line, have a few houses and trees between the sea and me but I'm up on a bit of a rise and I've put the aerial up as high as I can, I could have gone about 1.5 meters higher but think the wind loading would make it unstable and unsafe. Anyway I seem to be getting at lest 300km from what I've seen so far.

Jeffrey

Comment

• Use to only have cover out to the waypoints there (I lose them there myself) but some epic range now there are west coastal ones.

AKL have one coming up as a heliport that has a long westerly reach now too I noticed tonight
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        AKL have one coming up as a heliport that has a long westerly reach now too I noticed tonight
        I reckon it's on top of Sky Tower!!
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Hi Jeffrey,Great to have another feeder on the coast.

Cheers
          Stu

Comment

• Originally posted by h2ogasnz View Post
            Hi All,

Newbe here, have just set my unit up around 8pm tonight (6th Feb) I think it comes up as F-NZGM1 but not sure... Anyway I'm in Greymouth.

Jeffrey
            You are getting some awesome coverage out over the Tasman sea.
            Last edited by Westone; 2015-02-07, 04:11. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Managed to get my antenna up another couple of metres today. Starting to notice some range increase of about 20-30nm. But did track something out to 298.nm. Think it was Gulfstream heading north. Also picking up QF28 out to sea down south at 250nm.
              Last edited by Westone; 2015-02-07, 04:24.

Comment

• Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome Not sure how I'm going on range, best seem to be around 235nm so far out over the tasman, I'm never going to get much behind me to the east as I'm right up against some low hills that run behind Greymouth. The man in Hoki seems to get great range from what I have seen. Got a question: I've seen the radar come up as R9ab (?) where or what is that?

Jeffrey

Comment

• Originally posted by h2ogasnz View Post
                  Got a question: I've seen the radar come up as R9ab (?) where or what is that?
                  It's a temporary code until the FR servers catch up with the newly assigned radar code (F-xxxx).
                  Michael
                  Palmerston North,
                  New Zealand
                  ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                    It's a temporary code until the FR servers catch up with the newly assigned radar code (F-xxxx).
                    Thanks for that had a feeling it was that or a combination of radars to make a feed.

Jeffrey

Comment

• I see ZK-MVB transmitting full ADS-B data operating NZ5363 CHC/DUD today

Comment

• My greatest range is around 135NM, usually that is the SYD - SCL (or visa-versa) flights. Generally my range is 36 - 66 NM on any day. I guess it is my geographic location and the flight paths that put me in not the best reception area.

Comment

• On a good day Ive got 260nm to the west/northwest/southwest,135nm to east(over the alps)Sometimes 160nm to the north/northeast.
                          Seems when I get the good range is on a very clear sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by coaster View Post
                            On a good day Ive got 260nm to the west/northwest/southwest,135nm to east(over the alps)Sometimes 160nm to the north/northeast.
                            Seems when I get the good range is on a very clear sky.
                            Coaster,

Would you be up on the hill close to the airport to be getting that range?

Jeffrey

Comment

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
                              I see ZK-MVB transmitting full ADS-B data operating NZ5363 CHC/DUD today
                              Think it may have been in for maintainence as has not been seen since 24 January. Hopefully the others will follow. Fingers crossed

Comment

• Jeffery,Im approx. 90 ft above sea level,antenna 2meters above roof.South of the airport @5km in straight line.

Comment

Working...
                                X