New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
    How about; the owner has migrated from England and has fired up his microlight for the first time in NZ in preparation for CAA registration?
    Well yes, but given the number of random russian and non existent or out of range hex's planeplotter keeps trying to add for me, migration theory of something so small was a lot lower down the list for me to consider straight off the bat
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• @Oblivian

Maybe I'm not up with the play here. What has PlanePlotter got to do with it? PlanePlotter is mostly for displaying your receivers information and/or someone else's receiver information. Did your receiver pick up the aircraft or was that information from a sharer? This is probably one reason I don't use PlanePlotter and/or share data, it's easy to think that you've received some distant traffic or new hex when in fact it's an artifact of the software/sharing algorithms.

With your ADS-B to MySQL Java program do you take your Port 30003 data from PlanePlotter (which may or may not include shared data) or directly from your receiver? If it's direct from your receiver then have you checked the modestable or targethistory table for an entry? Some scouting around the data should confirm if it's a real hit or not.
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
        @Oblivian

Maybe I'm not up with the play here. What has PlanePlotter got to do with it? PlanePlotter is mostly for displaying your receivers information and/or someone else's receiver information. Did your receiver pick up the aircraft or was that information from a sharer? This is probably one reason I don't use PlanePlotter and/or share data, it's easy to think that you've received some distant traffic or new hex when in fact it's an artifact of the software/sharing algorithms.
        That's pretty much the jist of it. I couldn't tell if it was locally received at the time, or yet another glitch deciding to import bad data.

I have it fairly locked down to take note of my local only traffic. And all 'shared data writes to database' options turned off. But in the past it has gone out of zone when they have ticked something the server end and decided my coverage zone for being a super MLAT feeder covered as far as the UK. And to add them to local dbase at the same time. I had a list of about 300 US/UK based contacts added to the local database in minutes.

And to this day I get a daily alert saying contact with a new contact of something like hex 446655. But can't track down whats reporting that.

With your ADS-B to MySQL Java program do you take your Port 30003 data from PlanePlotter (which may or may not include shared data) or directly from your receiver? If it's direct from your receiver then have you checked the modestable or targethistory table for an entry? Some scouting around the data should confirm if it's a real hit or not.
        Previously yes - it was beast-> Planeplotter -> 30003 output from planeplotter -> capture (and everything else). It was my visual go-between without using all the other free apps to tap into it and ensure the sqbs were also updated. But currently (will need to double check I turned it off in PP now actually) have the beta windows which PP is pulling data via its (FR24 feed) built in raw HTTP server. Which also has 30003 output turned on.. to which keeps telling me I'm running out of client connections with VRS, Mode-S and everything else running behind it.

Just have more faith in some of the hits I'm seeing when confirmed by others over dr google. However with the capturing from fr feed now this may restore some faith.

I've directly run queries in the past on Some of the random ones that translate to strange small US planes or bizjets that were captured to the SQL and asked the guys up north only to find they have no knowledge of them being in the country (IE falsely captured or wrongly written in). Some appear as far-reach or not-quite-enough-contact-data (missing alt and only have sq and hex) which raise an eyebrow such as this example.

One I got the other day is also unknown to civair etc - N9UC AC6C3F. What appears to be a glider. Still not confirmed its actual reg or presence down south given overseas it was last seen early in the year doing longer distance routes but that's what it comes back to when searching the hex and minimal data (just alt) it gets.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• the Safair C130 is another oddball. Sometimes getting 2 almost identical HEX captures (1 figure out) per reception.. unsure if noise, their transponder, my receiver or slow laptop

Comment

• I don't seem to have any of your problems using PP and Beast, but am in a temporary situation at present with few flights seen from this location. After New Year I will be in a far better location and may be some help then with MLats. FR 24 does occasionally show South American aircraft en route, within South America, but near Ashburton. Crazy!! Flight Aware recently doubled up domestic flights and gave then call signs EAG instead of and as well as ANZ. Technology gone silly.

Comment

• Yeap. That's why I like to check with you guys too

Too poor excuse of a setup now has had too many variables and strange things gone on over the 3 or so years that I just hate to rely on what I'm seeing and googling without a sanity check or visually seeing it mentioned or photographed elsewhere in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                the Safair C130 is another oddball. Sometimes getting 2 almost identical HEX captures (1 figure out) per reception.. unsure if noise, their transponder, my receiver or slow laptop
                Have also been getting this with Safair C130, but not with all flights. Also picking up hex 446655 several times a day. And a few others for a few seconds at weird altitudes
                Last edited by Westone; 2014-12-10, 02:29.

Comment

• So safair is probably their unit then.

I might run a query on data with only single records (1 contact and minimal data) and export a list.

With any luck the latest FR24feed has been stable, not crashed in about 2 months now, so some of the queer ones might start to fall off as long as the output data is a bit better than planeplotter spitting out.

May also be the integrity check dip on the beast giving me grief. I know its receive rate slows with it toggled on/off. But may not make much difference to us here. Will have to double check it and have a play

Those EZE flights Pete mentions are just crazy. There 2 or 3 airframes known to send out whacky position data. When they fly across auckland it jumps as far south as wellington before reappearing off the coast.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/i...topic=7576.180 the 445566 pops up all over the joint
                  Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-12-10, 04:12.

Comment

• Some of these are... bizzare.

modestable.jpg

Couple of them are legitimate ones already in my confirmed table (the south african C130s etc). But others are non existent or out of standard allocated ranges. And thats just the first 30 or so

Comment

• Just a an update on ATR 600 deliveries. There seems to be roughly a 13 week interval between deliveries.
                      ZK-MVF c/n 1185 -- delivery soon as c/n 1182 now delivered. (source ATDB) (Jan 15th mooted)
                      ZK-MVG -- delivery first half of 2015 (source Air NZ Analyst Presentations)
                      ZK-MVH -- delivery second half 2015 (source Air NZ Analyst Presentations)
                      ZK-MVI -- delivery January 2016 (source 2014 Air NZ Annual Report)

Although I can see NZ adding an extra 20-25 ATR's (mix of 42/72-600s) to the fleet within the next 5 years when we see the Q300 leave.
                      Hopefully all the newer ATR's have certified ADS-B aboard .... and working!
                      Next thing is to get adsb on the Q300's, but according to my source that isn't happening...yet! And we are only 5 years away to closing down airport radar.

Comment

• Looks like we got a fairly stable rotation of 2 new aircraft to CHC from China Airlines too

Comment

• Looks like Google is releasing balloons from Alexandria now; keeping them away from the glider area at Omarama.

Comment

• Just saw one being launched this morning from Alexandra too far away for a photo,looks like 2 this morning.
                            I noticed one yesterday as well

Comment

• Just sighted three of these balloons from our front lawn. Bit high for a photo.

Comment

• I just went watched a launch of a balloon this morning from Alexandra Airport will post a photo when I get a chance as at work this morning20141214_075432.jpg20141214_075339 (1).jpg
                                Last edited by baznz; 2014-12-14, 04:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X