New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200mm with a bit of crop :P

But the access road itself isn't far from the tarmac. https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-43.4...72.5445346,17z
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi,Probably stupid question......But normally how long after feeder up and running does it get activated?Is that host let know?Also how do they connect host to premium?
      Do support send host the feeder name/label(F-?????)?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by coaster View Post
        Hi,Probably stupid question......But normally how long after feeder up and running does it get activated?Is that host let know?Also how do they connect host to premium?
        Do support send host the feeder name/label(F-?????)?

Cheers
        You should have got an automated email with some PDF guides attached etc. Logging into premium requires your email add and assigned PW. As for activation, IF they can see traffic and out to the server, they get a temp code and popup server side.

To which the guys will manually activate and assign code based on the closest airport code. In your case it will likely be F-NZHK1 and it happens within their timezone (IE toward 6pm on our time) and I doubt you are notified, the monitoring etc is all automated

If you are savvy with your router you can see if it has been assigned an IP address and check data coming from it. However first port of call is meant to be contact support and ask if data is appearing from you.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi,Probably stupid question......But normally how long after feeder up and running does it get activated?Is that host let know?Also how do they connect host to premium?
          Do support send host the feeder name/label(F-?????)?Cheers
          Hi Coaster, your FR24 receiver came from me! I had to give it up as it was generating a lot of noise across my HF spectrum so I'm now confined to a RPi and dongle!

If you know the IP address of the receiver you can browse to it in a web browser and it should be able to tell if you are active, otherwise watch FR24 for those CHC/WEL arrivals from Aussie and see if your F-NZHK1 tag is attached. Otherwise as Oblivian says you may just have to wait for activation overnight.

Cheers,
          Michael
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Damn, should have put my hand up

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Damn, should have put my hand up
              Oblivian you should apply, you never know. When I applied a few months ago I thought that I would not have any hope of hosting, as with receivers in Timaru and Christchurch. How wrong I was. Two weeks after applying I was approved. Ten days later we were all go.

Comment

• Thanks for your replys guys.
                And thanks Peter for sending receiver.
                Last edited by coaster; 2014-11-18, 05:30.

Comment

And thanks Peter for sending receiver.
                  Michael
                  Palmerston North,
                  New Zealand
                  ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• OOOPS!!!!Don't know where "peter" came from......shouldn't try and multi task!!!
                    Thanks nzradar

Comment

• Hey, no worries mate! Looking forward to your feeds off the West Coast.
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I get the feeling there has been a change in usage or crack down on abuse of acars in the last couple of years.

Started monitoring again recently using a dongle and acarsdec app posted around here, and there is now a distinct lack of 'honey I'll be late in' emails via the portal. And more automated off gate/routing info updates instead taking up most of it.

With JST reporting tracklogs

Comment

• Going off air tomorrow for a few weeks until I set up a new antenna in a new position. Moving house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                            Going off air tomorrow for a few weeks until I set up a new antenna in a new position. Moving house.
                            Will you have the same range at your new residence? ???

Comment

• Moving

Originally posted by Westone View Post
                              Will you have the same range at your new residence? ???
                              Probably not though still on the Downs, but lower down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                                Going off air tomorrow for a few weeks until I set up a new antenna in a new position. Moving house.
                                Dont forget to inform Support@flightradar24.com
                                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Working...
                                X