New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You were right! Zk-mva and mvb live and online again
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      You were right! Zk-mva and mvb live and online again
      ZK-MVB has just flown over me as NZM600 en route Napier and no ADS-B just Mode-S
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
        ZK-MVB has just flown over me as NZof M600 en route Napier and no ADS-B just Mode-S
        Maybe it was mvc. Just loaded fr on phone and noticed 2 of them. 1 south and other near nsn

ARGH.. bloody MLAT but also resolving the callsign on those.

Just spotted flights out of IVC/DUD are now being picked up. And the one onscreen atm is MLAT. So it now tells us there is MLAT to the south now, but also its able to report flight number of those, but not the older units.
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-09-07, 06:21.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi there. Fr24 receiver F-NZTU2 up and running since wednesday afternoon. We are located at Westerfield, west of Ashburton towards Mt Somers.
          Mlat seemed to crank up on Thursday. Some aircraft seem to disappear quiet often. Out to sea at Ashburton river mouth and some towards Lake Ellesmere heading north.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
            Hi there. Fr24 receiver F-NZTU2 up and running since wednesday afternoon. We are located at Westerfield, west of Ashburton towards Mt Somers.
            Mlat seemed to crank up on Thursday. Some aircraft seem to disappear quiet often. Out to sea at Ashburton river mouth and some towards Lake Ellesmere heading north.
            Ones under MLAT or within your view? If in MLAT it may be to be expected. We are all in a line and you need 4 receivers to have contact with the same aircraft at once for it to work effectively. And lower altitudes hamper this

If you only see them appear/disappear on your own view.. need to look at antenna positioning/obstructions

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Ones under MLAT or within your view? If in MLAT it may be to be expected. We are all in a line and you need 4 receivers to have contact with the same aircraft at once for it to work effectively. And lower altitudes hamper this

If you only see them appear/disappear on your own view.. need to look at antenna positioning/obstructions
              Was looking via app. Have got vrs up and running tonight, so will be able to check my view.

Should I perhaps run planeplotter to watch things as well??

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                Was looking via app. Have got vrs up and running tonight, so will be able to check my view.

Should I perhaps run planeplotter to watch things as well??
                Nah, no real advantage. The stats page if you login to FR24 premium you'll get a status page in a few days. But a visual on VRS during the day when the WLG-DUD flights are going over should be a good guage

Comment

• Currently get 192 mile range towards Malborough/Nelson and 145 over the alps and down to about Arrowtown/Dunedin. Hope to get antenna up another 2 or 3 metres in the next few days

Comment

• You were right! Zk-mva and mvb live and online again
                    Funny I cannot see any of the ATR 600's on ADS-B yet. See the Mode S only. Only showing on Flight Aware

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                      Funny I cannot see any of the ATR 600's on ADS-B yet. See the Mode S only. Only showing on Flight Aware
                      Youll see a few posts on I corrected myself :/ MLAT. But for some reason different signal, and able to use the callsign they TX (or remembers the routes from previous)

Comment

• As I am only running PP not FR24 receiver I don't get the Mlats that seem to be generated only by FR24 boxes. Is this right ? Should I be joining the rest of you and applying for a FR24 box? I have so many antennai now that one more may make me an earthquake risk. Unless i use a splitter....

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                          As I am only running PP not FR24 receiver I don't get the Mlats that seem to be generated only by FR24 boxes. Is this right ? Should I be joining the rest of you and applying for a FR24 box? I have so many antennai now that one more may make me an earthquake risk. Unless i use a splitter....
                          Correct. PP only applies PP Mlat, the FR24 boxes have the feature enabled to work together on their own

I picked up that they were from looking at the website at a later time, it lists MLAT as the source (whereas the phone does not). Just took me by surprise given the callsign was showing. Other MLATS here are all 'unknown'

Unless that is because the table is missing for the Nelson Air routes.. hmm

Comment

• OAB is making heart shapes on a test flight (NZ6600)

Also of note this week, Jetstar VGF is in NZ doing some runs again - this thing is bright orange if you get a chance to catch it

Comment

• Hi, new here and find this very interesting .. will look out for above ..
                              have been following HBAL flights for some time
                              noticed there have been none shown since 2200 10 sep ..
                              I had 4 in Qld/NSW in morning of 10 Sep but nothing since ..
                              have they been 'edited' out do you know???

Comment

• Not as far as I'm aware.

They go around the globe, sometimes over fast areas of ocean where they are only tracked by GPS locator beacons or satellite. Which means we can't see them. But they are also brought down for analysis after a number of weeks when they can. That is if they don't fall into the ocean

Comment

Working...
                                X