No announcement yet.

Radar Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I'm an internet service provider administrator in Manado and host the F-WAMM2 and F-WAMM3.

Originally posted by hmnstw View Post
    Again, new FR24 receiver
    F-WAMM3 - Manado Sam Ratulangi International Airport, Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Range quite good too.
    To be honest, F-WAMM3 coverage is under my expectation, because at the current elevation the coverage to some direction was blocked by trees.

I was wondering if FR24 Receiver could be powered by a DC-DC (24V to 5V or 12V to 5V) converter then it would be easier for me to install the antenna at the top of my tower, or maybe someone can give me the link if it's already being talked at this forum.
    F-WAMM2 & F-WAMM3

Comment

Originally posted by sharren View Post
      Hi everyone, I'm an internet service provider administrator in Manado and host the F-WAMM2 and F-WAMM3.

To be honest, F-WAMM3 coverage is under my expectation, because at the current elevation the coverage to some direction was blocked by trees.

I was wondering if FR24 Receiver could be powered by a DC-DC (24V to 5V or 12V to 5V) converter then it would be easier for me to install the antenna at the top of my tower, or maybe someone can give me the link if it's already being talked at this forum.
      Hello! glad you said hi and intro yourself!

Hmm.. better send support@flightradar24.com and email and ask them as it is their kit. Good idea, just don't know whether they are ok with that or not.

And my guess is your kit should run 24/7 without interruption as you would have UPS for your ISP stuffs? Just wondering.
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-14, 05:39.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        Hello! glad you said hi and intro yourself!

Hmm.. better send support@flightradar24.com and email and ask them as it is their kit. Good idea, just don't know whether they are ok with that or not.

And my guess is your kit should run 24/7 without interruption as you would have UPS for your ISP stuffs? Just wondering.
        The F-WAMM3 was installed on my tower at remote location, it's 25 meters tall but not allowed for AC cables runs through it. I used 24V DC from four 90amps batteries to power up all my equipments and there's enough power to add more device like FR24 receiver but it needs a DC converter from 24V to 5V (FR24 receivers required).

I already mentioned this option (using DC-DC converter) in my application for F-WAMM3. I can provide a DC converter like this, but I guess FR24 has very strict rule to use only the included DC adaptor.

I will email to support asking for this option again, but if FR24 already satisfied with the current result then it's ok for me .
        F-WAMM2 & F-WAMM3

Comment

The FR24 box is very (and I mean very) sensitive for "bad power supply". It's because of the BeagleBone card in the box. So you should only use the provided power adapter. We have tried to build a POE version of the box but burned several BB cards because the BB is so sensitive. A FR24 box that is crashing often is in most cases a result of bad power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            The FR24 box is very (and I mean very) sensitive for "bad power supply". It's because of the BeagleBone card in the box. So you should only use the provided power adapter. We have tried to build a POE version of the box but burned several BB cards because the BB is so sensitive. A FR24 box that is crashing often is in most cases a result of bad power.
            I presume all equipment used for PoE was 802.3af compliant and the BB still got burned?

Comment

Originally posted by sharren View Post
              The F-WAMM3 was installed on my tower at remote location, it's 25 meters tall but not allowed for AC cables runs through it. I used 24V DC from four 90amps batteries to power up all my equipments and there's enough power to add more device like FR24 receiver but it needs a DC converter from 24V to 5V (FR24 receivers required).

I already mentioned this option (using DC-DC converter) in my application for F-WAMM3. I can provide a DC converter like this, but I guess FR24 has very strict rule to use only the included DC adaptor.

I will email to support asking for this option again, but if FR24 already satisfied with the current result then it's ok for me .
              If only you can placed the antenna at the top... with some means of powering the kit with FR24's power adaptor. The present antenna position shows the potential... but... too bad power cable is restricting its potential. see pictures attached. Oh well.. there's a limit to what we can do sometimes...

WAMM3.jpg WAMM3-1.jpg wamm3-2.jpg
              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-14, 08:06.

Comment

6 new receivers approved for Indonesia, word must have gone out to radio amateurs. I just cant resist approving those applications with such nice tall towers

Comment

Originally posted by Olov View Post
                  6 new receivers approved for Indonesia, word must have gone out to radio amateurs. I just cant resist approving those applications with such nice tall towers
                  YC5NBX working his magic for Indonesia like what Ruth did for Peninsular Malaysia.

The only downside is for tall towers... powering them could be a problem due to the fact that it is advised to use only the FR24's power adapter? So the antenna's height might be limited, not at the top of the tower? Let's see what happens then.

Any approval for the one at Natuna island Olov?

Efforts to improve coverage over this part of the world is working! yay!

wish I could own a good tower lol! or access to one.
                  Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-01-14, 08:48.

Comment

I presume all equipment used for PoE was 802.3af compliant and the BB still got burned?
                    It was tested by Gunther who is building the FR24 box so assume he knew what he was doing.

Comment

It was tested by Gunther who is building the FR24 box so assume he knew what he was doing.
                      Ok... that is good enough. Thanks Mike.

Comment

Any approval for the one at Natuna island Olov?.
                        Natuna = Riau Islands? In that case, havent seen an application from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Olov View Post
                          Natuna = Riau Islands? In that case, havent seen an application from there.
                          Yupe Riau Islands. Ah right ok no application from there yet.

Any chance to know where the 6 receivers will be based?

Comment

Check your inbox

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                              I have installed on my location, Semarang, OI52FX.
                              FR24 gave to me F-WIIS2.
                              Hope could add the coverage in Indonesia.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the explaination. It would be very nice if FR24 could provide a POE version. By seeing what FR24 achieved until today, I'm really sure it's only a matter of time
                                F-WAMM2 & F-WAMM3

Comment

Working...
                                X