Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBerry Application?

is there one for Flightradar?

No app for blackberry ad no app for symbian.

Only iOS4 and later Android.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      No app for blackberry ad no app for symbian.

Only iOS4 and later Android.
      make one for Blackberry

Comment

Android

can't wait for the Android App - keep up the good work
        Olav

Comment

Dear Admin,

I would like to suggest a Blackberry App for this wonderful service that flight radar provides. I understand it might take additional resources and time, but if there is one for an Iphone . . . how can a Blackberry be far away. Your views ?

Comment

Dear shadyshades,

My view is that I have answered this question about 10 times and it starts to become boring writing the same thing almost every day. Yes, there is an app for iphone, and there is no app for blackberry, thats the big difference. It took months of work, hours of my time, and i had to hire a developer, buy lots of phones and still we have lots of problem supporting all versions av OS and different phones. Flightradar24 is a hobby project, and there is no room for more platforms.

Comment

Dear Admin,

Affirmative. Will proceed to purchase an I-phone just for this great service that i Salute you for providing and maintaining under no financial liability to the users.

Comment

It is a great app, might I suggest that you note on your website that it does not fit Blackberry and save yourself the angst of repeating yourself, there are many of us using blackberry and in awe of your skills

Comment

One Question about Blackbbery.

What about new BlackBerry phones with new OS called BB10 like Z10 or Q10. New OS dasn't have a BIS data transfer like old BB terminals but "normal" data transfer like in smartphones with IOS or Android.

Comment

App for Blackberry 10

Is there going to be an app for the new blackberry 10
                    Hope so,just switched all my 3 phones over

Comment

As mentioned many times on this forum, Twitter, Facebook; I'm sorry but there will be no apps for Blackberry!

Comment

Okay mike thanks.
                        I am new to this and should have gone through all the forums,etc.
                        Sorry for wasting your time
                        Randy
                        T-CYQD1

Comment

There are 2 main reasons.

1) Google Maps API is not available on BB10.
                          2) BB is a very small platform and it would never cover the cost of developing the app. iOS and Android are the only 2 platforms today where you can sell apps with some volumes. We never planned to do the Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 app, but a very good deal together with Microsoft made it possible to make the app, almost without any cost for us.

Comment

We keep getting Blackberry questions. I'm really sorry to make people disappointed but we will not release a BB app. Maybe it's easy to port a "normal" app, but FR24 is an app that is 100% based on a Google maps API which makes it a lot more complicated. FR24 is a Swedish company and in Sweden it's almost impossible to buy a BB phone, and even more harder to find a BB developer. Apart from that it's not a question of just porting the app, we need to support the app afterwards. We need to get several different BB units to test it on, we need to get screenshots and we need competence in-house to handle sale and support. I have said it before and I say it again, just be clear and don't give hope to someone. FR24 will not release a BB app, sorry. We will not discuss this any further, we are a too small company with too small resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              We keep getting Blackberry questions. I'm really sorry to make people disappointed but we will not release a BB app. Maybe it's easy to port a "normal" app, but FR24 is an app that is 100% based on a Google maps API which makes it a lot more complicated. FR24 is a Swedish company and in Sweden it's almost impossible to buy a BB phone, and even more harder to find a BB developer. Apart from that it's not a question of just porting the app, we need to support the app afterwards. We need to get several different BB units to test it on, we need to get screenshots and we need competence in-house to handle sale and support. I have said it before and I say it again, just be clear and don't give hope to someone. FR24 will not release a BB app, sorry. We will not discuss this any further, we are a too small company with too small resources.
                              Mike,

Thanks for your HONESTY. I will consider switching away from BB when my 2 yrs contract ends.

HONESTY keeps this site going stronger and stronger by the day ( unlike that competitor which repeatedly kept making empty promises ).
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
                              X