Aircraft View (Beta) viewing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft View (Beta) viewing problem

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem I'm having with this great feature.When I click on the blue tab everything comes up fine.For a couple of minutes anyway.After that the plane icon is tumbling about the sky,almost non-stop,only settling for a few seconds at a time.Eventually it becomes unwatchable.
    Is anybody else having this problem?Is it because it's still in BETA or is it a computer fault?Thanx.

Wow,87 views and not one comment?

Comment

No Chris you're not.The first time I tried it I got the 'install GE plugin' message but I'm sure there was a link on the page that let you download and install the plugin.You do need to have GE installed in the first place.If the error you're referring to is the 'Download the Google Earth Plug-in' one then simply click on the blue panel and you're away.I am using Google Chrome,so that may have something to do with it.
      It's actually the Aircraft View itself that I'm having trouble with.The aircraft icon banks wildly left and right while in flight but tends to go haywire as it nears the airport.I once watched a flight land at Glasgow Intl then promptly take off again and appear to crash into,and then fly through the Terminal Building.Its a great idea this Aircraft View,but due to the problems,one that I tire of very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
        No Chris you're not.The first time I tried it I got the 'install GE plugin' message but I'm sure there was a link on the page that let you download and install the plugin.You do need to have GE installed in the first place.If the error you're referring to is the 'Download the Google Earth Plug-in' one then simply click on the blue panel and you're away.I am using Google Chrome,so that may have something to do with it.
        It's actually the Aircraft View itself that I'm having trouble with.The aircraft icon banks wildly left and right while in flight but tends to go haywire as it nears the airport.I once watched a flight land at Glasgow Intl then promptly take off again and appear to crash into,and then fly through the Terminal Building.Its a great idea this Aircraft View,but due to the problems,one that I tire of very quickly.
        Yes there is a link on the pop up window that appears in both IE and FF. Ive clicked on that link several times and downloaded and installed the plugin, and restarted each browser, but the error still persists, so muct be something with my Browser settings I guess, as no one else seems to be having the problem. I've yet to see the "Aircraft in action" so dont know if I'll get the issue you describe.

Something else I have noticed in FF as well, if I click on an aircraft, then click on aircraft view, the popup box comes up, looks like its loading, then gives me the plug in error. If I close the box down with the "X" and click on the aircraft again, when I click the View Aircraft beta button again, I cant get the popup box to appear again (To try to view aircraft) Onl if I refresh the whole web page and click on the same aircraft to bring the sliding panel into view. I can then get the popup box up after clicking aircraft view, but get plugin error message again, LoL

Ill download chrome and try that, but will use it only for FR24 as they have refused to add a favorites sidebar, which is irritating a lot of people. Maybe I have some luck with chrome. Will report back!

Nah, same problem with chrome, LoL No worries, something may come to light as it is only in Beta. looking fwd to tryin it out

Cheers Chris
        Last edited by Chrisoz; 2012-07-30, 14:18.

Comment

Out of curiosity Chris I tried it Firefox and it worked,but had the same problems as Chrome.If it worked properly I would use it all the time,because it is good.The thing that confuse me is that when I put it on for the first time each day,it works fine for about 3 minute and then starts acting up.
          PS You DO have Google Earth installed...don't you?

Comment

Yes the latest version of GE 6.2 and the plugin. Its obviously an issue with both my PC's I think, dunno whats wrong, Ill try to find a site that uses the plugin outside of FR24. Do you know of any web pages that use GE plugin? Cheers Chris
            Last edited by Chrisoz; 2012-07-30, 15:38.

Comment

Can't think of any Chris,sorry.I just wish I could get it to work properly as I find it really good.I just watched a plane out of Belfast Intl. fly over my house(virtually) and saw it (for real) as it headed out towards some mountains near to me.Perhaps it's being in Beta thats the problem as you say.Wait and see.

Comment

Have a look at this and see if the it works: http://earth-api-samples.googlecode....tor/index.html

Double click the map to get it tilted when you have zoomed into the area you want.
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Hi SB1960, yes that page seems to work ok. but dont get a PU Window like in FR24 when I select AVB button. Just opened another tab in the same browser for FR24, and tried selecting an aircraft and this time it worked, but only for 15 seconds, then a different message saying "The GE Plugin had an Internal error"

After closing the error plugin window, Cant bring up the GE Plugin pop up window again, no matter which a/c I select, until I reload the page. Looks like the Plugin keeps crashing on my PC (Both of them)
                  Last edited by Chrisoz; 2012-07-31, 00:31.

Comment

You're not having a lot of luck Chris,are you mate?I can't offer any other ideas and I tried SB's page and that worked fine,if a little jerkily,but it's a cool little thing and I'll hang on to it as my grandson loves things like that.Good luck with the search.All I need to know now,as I said in my OP,is why does it behave like it does,and will it get better?

Comment

LoL, nah. never mind, at Least the main FR24 works good, I can live without the Aircraft view (Am into Flight Simulation) Hope your issue can get resolved. I guess it could be one of a million things

Comment

Just tried it with Firefox, the aircraft shakes for about 15 seconds and then after another 10 seconds it all settles down.

I don't know if it was designed to do this, but i found out by accident that if you click on the Aircraft it gives you different viewing angles, which is a nice feature when near an airport.
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

As I said before,mine stars up OK and is smooth for 2-3 minutes and then begins to shake.It then continues to do this sporadically all the time the display is on,until it becomes a nuisance and I have turn it off.Incidently,on the viewing angle thing,I find that when using the 'head-on' view,the front portion of the aircraft keeps disappearing and then re-appearing,again sporadically.Just wondered if the 2 were connected.

Comment

Working...
                          X