Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cockpit View error: The Google Maps API key used on this website was registered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does cockpit view work with iPad 3

Comment

Originally posted by russtufty View Post
      it worked for about 5 mins then went again
      At least we got it working for short time, we should get it working fully.

What happened when it stopped working, i.e. did any messages come up or did it just go off.

Can you tell me the spec. of your PC please
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by jopla22 View Post
        Does cockpit view work with iPad 3
        It does not work with Safari according to Google and that feature is not on the Pro App.

You could try downloading a different Browser if Apple will let you.

Chrome App: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/chrome/id535886823?mt=8
        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-09-09, 00:57.

Comment

it went back to saying about google earth plug in screen. its the acer aspire t180 dual core 160gb hard drive

Comment

just tried again and now its going straight to the google earth plug in screen

Comment

it went back to saying about google earth plug in screen. its the acer aspire t180 dual core 160gb hard drive
              If this is the spec. of your PC, you will need to add more Ram as 1Gb is not enough to run Cockpit View,

Processor / Chipset
              Type AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ / 2.4 GHz
              Number of Cores: Dual-Core

RAM
              Installed Size 1.0 GB / expandable to 4.0 GB (max)
              Technology DDR2 SDRAM

Comment

yes thats mine

Comment

yes thats mine
                  If you add more RAM that will help it play Cockpit View, its recommended that you buy Memory sticks in pairs.

I need to go to bed, good night Russ

Comment

Hi Shamrock EIDW

Try following a flight into Snn Rwy 24 you see another acft taking off facing you !!!

Comment

I have posted twice to the forum as I have the same problem and both of my posts have been deleted

I find this incredible and one of the most user 'Unfriendly' forums I've ever subscribed to I read all the messages, the FAQ's, etc before I subscribed and wouldn't have posted if I had found a solution to the problem.

I DO NOT HAVE this "The Google Maps API key used on this website was registered... " issue. Both my GE and GE plugins are the latest ones and still Cockview View crashes with a black window saying the GE plugin has failed after getting the "waiting for 16secs for coordinates" message.

Surely someone in the FR24 team why this happens? Could it be a network speed problem as my internet connection is only 1mbts? It sometimes works OK for a short time (seconds) then crashes. Also why do I have to restart FM24 after getting the black screen?

Not everyone on the planet has a 20Mbts broadband connection! If the problem with COCKPIT VIEW is it will only run with a fast connection then a message should be flagged when the user clicks on it... ???

Comment

It's very hard to say what the problem is except that it's related to your computer. Try to delete GE and GE plugin, restart computer and install again. Or try another browser. If that doesn't help, reinstall Windows

Comment

Mike - Thanks for your reply.

Today I dis-installed both GE and the GE plugin and cleaned the registry. I downloaded and reinstalled GE and the plugin and tried again. It worked for a short time, but than crashed out! BTW, I use WinXP and the browser in the latest version of FireFox (v16.0.1). The PC is an Acer Aspire E360 with dual core 4200 Athlon, 2 gigs of RAM and with an ATI Radeon X1300 512Mbs graphics board.

You could be right that its a PC problem as I have the same issues running Google's car drive simulator which uses the plugin. That crashed after a time also with the black screen as in FR24. However, I think its an internet connection speed related issue as I only have a 1Mbs connection?

Certainly annoying as it looked good whilst it worked Probably best if go to the Google Earth support pages and see what they say. - John

Comment

Originally posted by ellis View Post
                            Mike - Thanks for your reply.

Today I dis-installed both GE and the GE plugin and cleaned the registry. I downloaded and reinstalled GE and the plugin and tried again. It worked for a short time, but than crashed out! BTW, I use WinXP and the browser in the latest version of FireFox (v16.0.1). The PC is an Acer Aspire E360 with dual core 4200 Athlon, 2 gigs of RAM and with an ATI Radeon X1300 512Mbs graphics board.

You could be right that its a PC problem as I have the same issues running Google's car drive simulator which uses the plugin. That crashed after a time also with the black screen as in FR24. However, I think its an internet connection speed related issue as I only have a 1Mbs connection?

Certainly annoying as it looked good whilst it worked Probably best if go to the Google Earth support pages and see what they say. - John
                            Have you tried using Google Chrome, i find it works well with Google Plug-ins.

Comment

Well, just downloaded Google Chrome and tried it. The first time all seemed to work ok and I got a few minutes of cockpit (and aircraft) viewing. I thought that had cured the problem, but then it crashed again!! I also tried Chrome with the Google driving simulation to test the GE plugin and that failed also.

I've tried about all I can, but looks like other people are having similar problems? Not only with FR24, but other programs that use the GE plugin. Perhaps its a hardware problem like my ATI graphics card (some 6 years old) not being about to handle the data rates. It was a bit erratic (ragged) in cockpit view, but quite smooth when I toggled to Aircraft. As I said earlier. perhaps a 1Mbts internet connection is too slow to run this software?

Comment

It should not be a connection issue. Cockpit view uses the same data feed as the webpage, and can be run on a 0,1 Mbit/s connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X