No announcement yet.

FAA Traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Flightradar24 I use it several times a day, BUT I dont get this FAA. Whats point if theres a 5min delay? FR Pro as it is/was before & still is is as close to real time as it gets, so why the fuss about FAA if its not as accurate?. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trotters View Post
      I love Flightradar24 I use it several times a day, BUT I dont get this FAA. Whats point if theres a 5min delay? FR Pro as it is/was before & still is is as close to real time as it gets, so why the fuss about FAA if its not as accurate?. Thanks
      There are lot's of people who prefer to see a flight 5 minutes delayed instead of now viewing it at all. If you don't need it, just turn it off in options

Comment

Yes but why cant people view an aircraft? Thanks

Comment

Because it is data feed from a different source. The same HEX information is not available for decoding like with FR24 feed data
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks, what is a HEX code?. Ive looked on wikipedia but dont really understand it, and what purpose has it for us enthusiasts?.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Trotters View Post
              Thanks, what is a HEX code?. Ive looked on wikipedia but dont really understand it, and what purpose has it for us enthusiasts?.

Thanks again.
              Its should be the worldwide unique identity of an aircraft, similar to the chassis number of a car. (also called ICAO24)
              Unfortunately, we could not find the page you are looking for. You can use our search function to find related content on our website, or look directly for all our publications in our library.
              Last edited by Charky; 2012-08-22, 17:32.
              http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Identifier included in the data packets to FR24 uploaders. But not via the FAA feed.

So its unable to work out what AC is in use at the time, unless it is handed over from a feeder beforehand.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks fo the info guys. I love aviation but I think this is getting a bit above my head now a bit more technical ;-)

Comment

Nice to see 'data key' the icons on main screen showing the source differences.

Hopefully this will stop all the questions/queries over the differences that keep popping up But only if other people notice them like I did too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Yes, this is a known issue. Westjet is one of few airlines that omits ICAO code in their callsign. So we receive 995 from ADS-B. But we get WJA995 from FAA. Best would of course be if Westjet transmitted correct callsign, but it will never happen, so we need to handle it. This also sometimes happens on other flights, noticed VIR714R and VIR714 flying with 5 minutes difference 2 days ago. It's on our to-do list and will be sorted out.
                      Hi Mike,
                      Does this problem will be fixe before the last of the year ?

Comment

Originally posted by hillel24 View Post
                        Hi Mike,
                        Does this problem will be fixe before the last of the year ?
                        Vary hard to say... There are several issues with merging ADS-B and FAA, including HEX, CALLSIGN and ROUTE issues. We are working on solving this all together. But this is not the only thing we are working with right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Vary hard to say... There are several issues with merging ADS-B and FAA, including HEX, CALLSIGN and ROUTE issues. We are working on solving this all together. But this is not the only thing we are working with right now.
                          All together, so it's better than I thank. Just another question you talked about a new data source in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post21365, this data is the JAA (FAA for europe) source ?

Comment

Originally posted by hillel24 View Post
                            All together, so it's better than I thank. Just another question you talked about a new data source in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post21365, this data is the JAA (FAA for europe) source ?
                            I cannot tell the source for now, but I really hope it can go live in November.

Comment

Thank you FR24-Team for this option! That is very great. But unfortunately it is not possible to make playback for a flight.. Why is that so? Can you not save this data too for making the playback option?

Nice weekend!

Comment

For a while I was able to see all the FAA planes in orange on the map, but now I can only see yellow ones. I've got the FAA data setting switched to "On," but I'm not seeing the orange planes. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X