New Feeder Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelucce View Post
    Thanks for the answer. So, there is one single F-something with the ICAO of the nearer airport, so I assume it would be pointless to adapt my roof to receive that hardware?
    For the working of MLAT,. It requires the reception of four Recievers recieving the same aircraft.
    Therefore it dosnt work with just one receiver.
    The more the merrier..
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Why has no one "spotted" T-GMMC2 yet?
      It's only the #1 receiver world wide using an Airspy as hardware and ADSBSpy as software.
      And a Diapason as antenna. It's in a clear area, but not even that high!

http://airspy.com/adsb/ for more information. Cheaper and better. Why aren't we funding this?

Edit:
      P.S. the #2, T-EHTW3, also uses an Airspy.
      Last edited by Jarod; 2016-07-28, 21:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
        Why has no one "spotted" T-GMMC2 yet?
        It's only the #1 receiver world wide using an Airspy as hardware and ADSBSpy as software.
        And a Diapason as antenna. It's in a clear area, but not even that high!

http://airspy.com/adsb/ for more information. Cheaper and better. Why aren't we funding this?

Edit:
        P.S. the #2, T-EHTW3, also uses an Airspy.
        I'm sure lots of people have spotted this feeder it's just that very few are posted to this thread. BTW what would we be funding - it seems to me if you want one you buy one - it's a commercial product.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          I'm sure lots of people have spotted this feeder it's just that very few are posted to this thread. BTW what would we be funding - it seems to me if you want one you buy one - it's a commercial product.
          please do not feed the spam trolls

Comment

• F-SAWA1 Lago Argentino Airport (closed 2006), Provincia de Santa Cruz, Argentina
            Last edited by Windsurfmaniac; 2016-08-13, 17:17. Reason: Add information

Comment

• F-BGCO2 Nerlerit Inaat, Sermersooq Municipality, Greenland
              Last edited by Windsurfmaniac; 2016-08-24, 14:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
                F-BGCO2 Nerlerit Inaat, Sermersooq Municipality, Greenland
                The receiver could in fact be in Daneborg, further north.

Comment

• F-SCCY1 Coyhaique, Provincia de Coyhaique, Región de Aysén, Chile.

Comment

• T-LPCO12 Guia, Pombal, Leiria, Portugal
                    Up and running!

Raspberry Pi 2+R820T
                    "Balarad" Coaxial collinear antenna (12 Elements, no Amp)

MaxRge: 196NM (until now)

Many thanks to abcd567, save the day too many times (antennas and RPi).

2016-08-29_20-13-33.jpg
                    Last edited by batrakiu; 2016-08-30, 00:00.
                    T-LPCO12 Up since: 2016-08-26
                    Rpi2|R820T|Cantennaabcd567

Comment

• T-SABE26 Buenos Aires, Argentina
                      Rpi+dongle+standard antenna (against a window), max range 34nm.
                      Next project: make an outdoor antenna with the guides I found here and try to get more close to 150nm+ that will let me reach an important waypoint and receive a lot more airplanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Lincolnshire Poacher View Post
                        Just type in your Radar at this web site (without the T) and you can see all the radars for that airport with the stats
                        Thanks for this! Found my feed on here (EGPN11) will be handy to check every now and then to see if it's actually contributing.

Sum score: 16291
                        Maximum range: 145
                        Average range: 66
                        Uptime: 111 / 720

What does the Sum score and Up time figures relate to? 16291 and 111/720 don't seem to have changed for 4 or 5 days.

Comment

• T-SMZO1

T-SMZO1, (near?)Paramaribo, SURINAME

Came online somewhere in july

This is the 5th feeder in Suriname for FR24 after F-SMZO1, F-SMZO2 [jan-2015], T-SMJP1 [dec-2015] and F-SMJP1 [Feb-2016]
                          Range is terrible (15-20 NM) so currently no high hopes for a good MLAT coverage
                          F-SMZO2

Comment

• The FR24 radar code for the Wave Glider is T-WGLD1

Details about the Wave Glider on this page.
                            ✈ Take a closer look at Setting Sail for Global Coverage—Flightradar24 ADS-B Receivers On-board a Surface Ocean Robot, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by Graeme2812 View Post

Sum score: 16291
                              Maximum range: 145
                              Average range: 66
                              Uptime: 111 / 720

What does the Sum score and Up time figures relate to? 16291 and 111/720 don't seem to have changed for 4 or 5 days.
                              Slightly off topic but to answer the question, the column headings are different to those you mention but if you hover over the ? mark in the headings:

Overall Score = Score is calculated by formula: 2 x Uptime + 2 x Max Range + Avg range summed for the last 30 days. (Looks to provide a weighted score in favour of those with good coverage and high uptime)
                              Uptime = Total uptime of radar in the last 30 days, hours (30 x 24 = 720)
                              Max range = Maximum range of radar in the last 30 days, nmi
                              Avg range = Average range of radar in the last 30 days, nmi

But looking more closely at the "results", either the explanation is ambiguous or the calculation isn't working to spec.

My uptime is currently 676 with a max range of 310 and average range of 195. The Overall score is 10,272.

2 x 676 = 1352. 2 x 310 = 620. 1352 + 620 = 1972.

Add 1972 to 195 = 2167. 30 x 2167 = 65,010.

So how does the "Summed for the last 30 days" work?

Let's assume my daily Uptime was 22 hours with a daily Max range of, say 240 nmi and daily Avg of 180 nmi.

2 x 22 = 2 x 240 = 180 x 30 = 15,720. Yet the highest Overall Score for all radars is only 11,036.

Mind boggling
                              Last edited by Anmer; 2016-09-07, 07:13.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X