Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 app on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks for the reply, I have just checked and the problem seems to have rectified itself, all is now good. Cheers!

Comment

Hello.

Love the App. I researched this this question extensively and saw people asking questions about the AR but I seem to be the only person with this specific issue. Whenever I use the AR to track a flight using the camera, whenever the flight is in range and I point my device at the plane, the tag about the flight covers the actual airplane, so if i wanted to take a screenshot showing the plane, i cant because the tag covers the plane. Is it possible to move the tag so it doesn't cover the actual airplane?? Thanks.

Flight Radar 24 4.2.2 / 3rd Generation iPad / iOS version 6.0.1

Comment

hi.

a few suggestions to consider for improving the usability of the app:

- search airports with ICAO-code and by name, e.g. "gaulle" for CDG. search should not be case sensitive
        - flight search appears to be case sensitive, i.e. the app does not find flight ia131, but finds IA131
        - ability to rearrange bookmarks, now they are in the order of adding them

i'm using the iphone app.

Comment

Aloha,
          Question: For the Flightradar24 Pro app for the ipad, is there any way (other than turning off display of FAA aircraft) to tell FAA feed aircraft from ADS-B fed aircraft? In other words, is there something like the default yellow vs orange icons that make this distinction in the web based display?

Mahalo,
          Chuck

Comment

Hi,

Not sure what criteria to put countries on Goto menu on the mobile app. Since Bangkok (BKK), Phuket (HKT) and Chiengmai (CNX) are online 24x7 for some time, please consider to put these airports in Goto / Asia / Thailand on the next app update?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
            T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
            T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckinKona View Post
              Aloha,
              Question: For the Flightradar24 Pro app for the ipad, is there any way (other than turning off display of FAA aircraft) to tell FAA feed aircraft from ADS-B fed aircraft? In other words, is there something like the default yellow vs orange icons that make this distinction in the web based display?

Mahalo,
              Chuck
              Web and app use the same colors for FAA and ADS-B data.

Comment

Aloha Mike,

Something fishy here. On my web display of Flightradar24 the FAA fed aircraft icons are orange, and the ADS-B fed aircraft icons are yellow (by default). This tracks with the first FAQ which says: "What is the difference between the yellow and the orange planes?
                In addition to ADS-B data, we also display data from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides full coverage of the airspace above the United States and Canada. However, this data is slightly delayed (up to 5 minutes) due to FAA regulations. Because of this delay, the planes generated from FAA data are of a different color (orange) than the planes generated from real-time data (yellow).

But my ios Pro app doesn't do this. All icons are either yellow, dark, or white depending on what "plane set" is selected. By looking at the "radar" in the detailed data to verify that an icon is from my "radar" I know it is being ADS-B fed, but the icon is the same color as all of the rest of the icons, all of which are FAA fed.

Having said all of the above, can I get me question considered again? Restated, is there a way in the ios app to tell the FAA fed aircraft from the ADS-B fed ones, without clicking on the icon and looking at the "radar" that is feeding.

Mahalo,
                Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck

What happens if you choose a yellow plane set? On my app selecting yellow the FAA aircraft display orange.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Aloha Mike,

With my ios app latest off the Apple app store with plane set yellow, and a icon who's detail data shows being fed by my "radar" of T-PHKO1 is the same orange as the rest of the aircraft, all of which are being FAA fed. Frankly, I have trouble telling yellow from orange (I'm partially color blind) but my wife confirmed same as the FAA icons. With my desktop running on PC, with blue set as an aircraft color (which I can clearly tell from orange), the icon in question showed in blue on the PC at the same time the icon was orange on my ipad.

Chuck

Comment

The app has one colour option - yellow. This will show ADS-B icons yellow and FAA orange.

White and dark are actually shades and all aircraft (ADS-B and FAA) will show in either of these shades when selected.

The website offers different colours for the ADS-B traffic - yellow, blue or grey.

I don't see your radar listed at this time?
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information, although for some reason it appears that neither my wife or I can distinguish the yellow from the orange on my ipad. Can't tell what you meant by "I don't see your radar listed at this time?" Can you clarify? Much of the time my receiver isn't showing any ADS-B aircraft, as very few of the "local" aircraft are equipped, and most of the ones coming from the mainland USA are only briefly plotted. I've been doing my comparison when my desktop is showing a color distinction from the web version of Flightradar24.

Chuck

Comment

Updated: Dec 23, 2012
                          What's New in Version 4.3
                          * Search field is not case sensitive again.
                          * 'Go to' view got new design
                          * Improved search field. Type company icao to access a fast filter Type digit to jump to bookmark. (1 -> first bookmark ..)
                          * Rename bookmarks
                          * Bugfix for the view not always restoring previous region after route-mode.

Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Here is my problem, I purchased and downloaded flight radar pro and for about an hour was watching the aircraft approaching PErth Western Australia. I live 450 km north of Perth. Today, I switched my flight radar on and no aircraft are being displayed. Can it be that the ADS-B transmitters are all off?.. It seems very odd I can see aircraft on a Wednesday evening but not on a Thursday. The east coast of Australia is normally very busy but it is showing nothing. To add to the confusion further, I still have the Free version on my ipad and that is STILL dilating the aircraft albeit with little data as per the free version. Can anyone throw any light or transmission on this please?. Thanks

Comment

All our apps offers the same coverage. You can check http://www.flightradar24.com for current coverage. You can also find information about how Flightradar24 works and coverage on http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

Comment

Hello

I have a question:

In the IPad app if I go to the airlines list and select Interjet, it will only show me the flights with calling starting with AIJ, but all the flights within Mexico start with 4O and are not displayed on that list.

Is there something I can do so the app can show me both the AIJ and 4O flights?

Thank you

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Sorry this is late being sorted, i have only just found out about this problem and i have posted the solution here, Speedbird

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-04-18, 16:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X