Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 app on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    As you might know, Google Maps will be replaced by Apple own maps in iOS6. That means that Flightradar24 automatically will change to Apple Maps once you update your unit to iOS6. So here are 2 screenshots how FR24 looks like in iOS6 with Apple Maps.



    Comment


    • #17
      I have updated my Flightradar24 Pro to version 4.1 that was released on 2012-08-24, and since then I'm having trouble with the popup labels when I click on an aircraft.

      Up until now, when I clicked on an aircraft, a small popup window appeared showing the flight number, destination and airport of origin. I could also click on 2 small buttons to show the route and more detailed information. If I click on the route button, I can't get any aircraft popup windows to appear again (the detailed aircraft information does not affect it). I have uninstalled the app, and reinstalled from the AppStore. All is well again, until I press the Route button again!!

      This seems to be a bug (undocumented feature ) in the latest version.

      Is anyone else experiencing this?

      How can I resolve the issue (without uninstalling and reinstalling, or not pressing the Route button)?

      Thanks,
      Martin.

      Note: I'm using it on iPhone 4S.

      Comment


      • #18
        Flightradar 24 Pro Bookmarks on iOS Devices

        Is there a way to edit the bookmarks on either the iPhone or iPad version to display a state name or area rather than a generic large region such as NW of N. America? I have several bookmarks for various states and they all display as the same thing so you have to try to remember which one is which.

        Thanks
        Shaun

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi Sstamnes,

          good solution is to put the IATA code of the airport for the region in search.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hey Mike and the rest of the Flightradar-Team!

            Is it possible to create a clock for the App to see what time is it actually? During you are using the app you don't can see a clock.

            Thanks
            Mike

            Comment


            • #21
              It would be a nice idea to write a help page about the apps options because there is no explanation for anything and there are MANY options.
              For example:
              1) What is the "data consumption" (besides the obvious) doing in low/medium/high? How low/medium/high in terms of KB or MB per min/hour(?) ?
              2) What does never sleep does?
              3) Do i have to have the app running in the background in order to get alerts or I can close it from the runnings apps and i will still get alerts?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by hillel24 View Post
                Hi Sstamnes,

                good solution is to put the IATA code of the airport for the region in search.
                I have tried that but when I press "Add Bookmark" it just puts in a generic title as "NW of N. America". There is no way that I can find to change this to a specific airport name or state. Right now I have 4 bookmarks all labeled "NW of N. America" which are all different areas of the Northwestern US and Canada and it is very annoying to have to click each one before you get to where you want to monitor.

                Thanks

                Shaun

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MerNion View Post
                  It would be a nice idea to write a help page about the apps options because there is no explanation for anything and there are MANY options.
                  For example:
                  1) What is the "data consumption" (besides the obvious) doing in low/medium/high? How low/medium/high in terms of KB or MB per min/hour(?) ?
                  2) What does never sleep does?
                  3) Do i have to have the app running in the background in order to get alerts or I can close it from the runnings apps and i will still get alerts?
                  1) There is now easy answer to that. Data transfer depends on area, traffic and other factors.
                  2) Screen doesn't turn off (if power is connected).
                  3) Alerts are always sent from server, so it doesn't make any change if app is running or not.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I run FR-pro on ipad 2 . Is available an option to see all flights to an specific airport.

                    On the free web based FR this can be set via filter. Inbound and/or Outbound

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MartinHT View Post
                      I have updated my Flightradar24 Pro to version 4.1 that was released on 2012-08-24, and since then I'm having trouble with the popup labels when I click on an aircraft.

                      Up until now, when I clicked on an aircraft, a small popup window appeared showing the flight number, destination and airport of origin. I could also click on 2 small buttons to show the route and more detailed information. If I click on the route button, I can't get any aircraft popup windows to appear again (the detailed aircraft information does not affect it). I have uninstalled the app, and reinstalled from the AppStore. All is well again, until I press the Route button again!!

                      This seems to be a bug (undocumented feature ) in the latest version.

                      Is anyone else experiencing this?

                      How can I resolve the issue (without uninstalling and reinstalling, or not pressing the Route button)?

                      Thanks,
                      Martin.

                      Note: I'm using it on iPhone 4S.
                      MartinHT, did you get any feedback on this? I'm experiencing the same thing on my 4s.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Hi I had the same problem, it was just a case of reinstalling again, problem solved.

                        iphone 4s ios6

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hi Can anyone help with an issue i have, was wondering why i don't get any alerts since the last update, looking at the way "squawk" is spelled in the 1st condition as "sqawk" is that right?, could that be the problem or am i clutching at those straws

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Thanks chas6899. It did fix it but it happened again a couple of times. Seems to be OK now. I need to upgrade to ios6 though so maybe that will solve it for good.

                            Thanks anyway!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I downloaded the iphone app 24hours ago (pro version with all unlocked) but alerts have never worked for me either and ive tried many many variations thinking i was being a bit dumb and getting it wrong - but it definatly isnt working I should of had literally a dozen alerts by now. It doesnt matter if my alerts say global or just australia or even just east australia and a mix of filters or not like heights etc (or even keeping it simple like any qantas flight above 10foot - never got a alert in the last 6hours lols)

                              I assume im on the latest version as I only just paid for and downloaded it yesterday - i tried rebooting the phone and deleting and reinstalling the app (iphone 4 using 5.1.1)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by groundedgrump View Post
                                MartinHT, did you get any feedback on this? I'm experiencing the same thing on my 4s.
                                Have you tried to delete app, restart phone, and install again?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X