Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 app on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    Mike, Apple moving to TomTom as the map provider is a well documented problem where TomTom maps have accentuated town names.

Luton is a good example. It's a very small village in Devon. On Google it doesn't appear on the map unless you zoom right it. But on Apple's TomTom map it appears as a major town to the south of Exeter.
    Muscliffe wrote iOS5.1. But maybe it was wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Mike, Apple moving to TomTom as the map provider is a well documented problem where TomTom maps have accentuated town names.

Luton is a good example. It's a very small village in Devon. On Google it doesn't appear on the map unless you zoom right it. But on Apple's TomTom map it appears as a major town to the south of Exeter.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by muscliffe View Post
    Wondered if you can help at all.
    Lost most of the flights on my previous download (no ryanair flights at all). So decided that something must be wrong. Paid another £1.99 to download again. Only to find a lot of town names ( Luton & Blackpool for instance) are out of place these two are near Torquay. Any explanations please.
    Thanks
    First issue, you can only select to just show flights from one airline, but not remove an airline. Second issue, you never pay twice for the same app or in-app-purchase if you use the same apple account. Regarding the town names i have some problems understanding what the problem is. Could you post a screenshot?

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Blame Apple for switching from Google to TomTom as it's map provider.

Mapping software packaged with Apple's new mobile operating system has been heavily criticised by users on social media.

There is no need to pay for an App again as long as you use the same account to download it.

Leave a comment:

• muscliffe
    replied
    Lost most of the flights on my previous download (no ryanair flights at all). So decided that something must be wrong. Paid another £1.99 to download again. Only to find a lot of town names ( Luton & Blackpool for instance) are out of place these two are near Torquay. Any explanations please.
    Thanks
    It is the Flightradar24 Pro 1.4.1 on an IPAD3 32GB with an IOS5.1

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Thanks
    Just want to remind
    All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

If you want to report a problem with the app make sure to write what phone/tablet you have, what version of iOS, and what version of the app you are running.

Leave a comment:

• muscliffe
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• hillel24
    replied
    It would be good to have the ten days history of the aircraft and ten days history of the flight number, it can be an in app purchase for exemple.

Leave a comment:

• Culpano
    replied
    Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    Have you tried removing and reinstalling the App?
    Yep just done that and it works. Has new map style. I thought the app auto updates did all this and I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall.

Perhaps that's why a lot of my other apps crash as well.

Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    I have stayed on iOS5 and can confirm the Aircraft are showing.

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Have you tried removing and reinstalling the App?

Leave a comment:

• Culpano
    replied
    FR24 now does not display any aircraft after latest update. Great ! The reason I bought the iPad and now the app doesn't work. I bet this is IOS6 upgrade which seems to break everything.

Leave a comment:

• chas6899
    replied
    I sthere hope for us yet!!..lol

Leave a comment:

• prawns
    replied
    My alerts just started working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sstamnes
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    As mentioned by prawns AR view does not work with FAA. The AR view needs very accurate data to work correctly and we cannot achieve that with a 5 minutes delayed FAA feed. But who knows, maybe in the future. Apart from that US ADS-B coverage is increasing all the time and we have launched 20 new receivers the last 6 weeks.
    Funny. Had I waited 24 hrs I would have answered my own question. Today I say a 747 flying over and tried pointing the camera at it and WOW! it gave me the tag and all the info right there. TOO COOL!

Shaun

Leave a comment:

Working...
X