Ground traffic movements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground traffic movements

Hi I've noticed especially at Sydney Airport,and it always seems to be with Qantas Aicraft when they are taxing for take off out to the bay end of the runway (34L) the animation always shows them taxing backwards never in the correct position(front on) as we all know they are travelling.It also happens when they are taking off they are shown sideways on the runway till they actually take off.It never seems to happen with other airlines or other aircraft just Qantas.Anyone got suggestions or ideas of why this happens be much appreciated.

MH

This is not a problem with FR24. It is exactly the data being broadcast from AC.
    The accuracy of the ground data is different and it comes off-air in a different message type (when the nose-wheel is on ground).
    It is supposed to be more accurate GPS but I have found the Course can be all over the shop.
    Sometimes it swings wildly thru full 360 and until they leave the ground it can make them seem they are crabbing down the RW.
    Sad but cannot be changed. Also some Airlines/AC have poor calibration of their GPS making them land off-the-runway.

Comment

SIDEWAYS

Thanks Kemistry for your reply .So it's not my comp going crazy.Sad as you say,and also I remember watching Hawaiian Airlines 767-300 would rarely land ON the runway.Thankfully thats changed since they started usuing their A330 Aircraft.I will be on HA flight very soon and would hate to land off runway lol.

MH

Comment

Also depends on the antenna set being used. There are up to 4 on an aircraft, and of course if the lower ones are in use the signal may not be getting to the receiver as nicely
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I get an Asiana 777 over Cairns that on the I-pad app flies side ways, just one of those odd things that come out of the ADSB box.

Comment

Working...
          X