Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to use the "Go to" function

Hi,

For a while I haven't been able to use the "Go to" function, found under the "Inbound" and "Outbound" tabs. Well, I've been able to actually use the very function,
    however, it hasn't been working out the way it should. It only applies the "Go to", if you're at cloud height. With that I mean if you zoom out the map, with clouds enabled, so far that you can see
    the overlaying clouds. Then I can get it to work. This is about flights that are abroad, i.e. outside of Sweden. When they are flying in the area covered by the "zoom" or within a certain amount of miles, they're so called reachable.

One thing that may be good to know, is that I've been losing track of aircraft if going too far away from them. It happen about the same time as my main problem above.

I'll give you an example:

I'm monitoring VKG146/DK146 (which I currently am) and everything is fine and there is no problem to be found with the actual tracking. Then the problems begin, as I decide I want to zoom in on Arlanda airport.I hear and see an aircraft outside my window, which I, obviously, want to know more about. So, I zoom in on Stockholm-Arlanda airport, and then, just like that, the Thomas Cook flight decides it doesn't want
    to be tracked by me anymore. The information box disappears, vanished, just like that, and I loose my track of it.

I want to believe there is a connection between these scenarios.

So, my question for you:

Is there some bug or anything which won't allow you to zoom in while tracking an aircraft, so that you end up loosing it? Maybe a few miles who cannot be exceeded? Please, help me out guys!

Hi borgona, welcome to the Forum.

If you click on 'Follow Aircraft' next to the callsign above photo of the aircraft you can zoom in on the aircraft without losing it, this works for both scenarios.
    Also do not use Internet Explorer it is not compatible with Flightradar24, Chrome works really well.

Mike / Speedbird
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
      Hi borgona, welcome to the Forum.
      Thank you!

If you click on 'Follow Aircraft' next to the callsign above photo of the aircraft you can zoom in on the aircraft without losing it, this works for both scenarios.
      I'm aware of this function, but what I want to do, and what I was able to do before, is to click on an aircraft, and leave the aircraft-area and for example go to Arlanda airport. In this scenario the aircraft in question is "abroad" as I like to call it.
      Also do not use Internet Explorer it is not compatible with Flightradar24, Chrome works really well.
      I do use Chrome.

After some recent testing I would like to say that it mainly affects aircraft that is climbing or descending. It seems like they are more likely to be closed.
      Last edited by borgona; 2012-05-16, 18:30.

Comment

Originally Posted by borgona.
        I'm aware of this function, but what I want to do, and what I was able to do before, is to click on an aircraft, and leave the aircraft-area and for example go to Arlanda airport. In this scenario the aircraft in question is "abroad" as I like to call it.
        The only way you could work around this would be to use Flightradar24 with two tabs open in your browser.

Mike / Speedbird
        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-05-16, 20:51.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

The only way you could work around this would be to use Flightradar24 with two tabs open in your browser.

Mike / Speedbird
          Man, that's smart! Thank you, Mike!

Weird thing is that to successfully search for an aircraft I have to be scrolled out to cloud level. This wasn't needed before. Before I could be zoomed in on Arlanda airport and then search for a flight in the search box. Now I need to zoom out. A lot.
          Last edited by borgona; 2012-05-16, 21:50.

Comment

It's the same problem as here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...s-doesn-t-work

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Thank you, Mike! I see you're working on it. Are you going to post somewhere on the forum when it's fixed?

At the moment the "Go to" function is working. However, if you move too far away from an aircraft you will lose it.
              Last edited by borgona; 2012-05-17, 14:47.

Comment

We have split the main data feed into several parts to make data download smaller. There is no need of downloading Japan och Australian traffic when looking on Germany. The disadvantage is that we don't know position of aircraft located outside your viewing area so "go to" is not working. Workaround will be implemented soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  We have split the main data feed into several parts to make data download smaller. There is no need of downloading Japan och Australian traffic when looking on Germany. The disadvantage is that we don't know position of aircraft located outside your viewing area so "go to" is not working. Workaround will be implemented soon.
                  Ah, I see. Well, thank you for the information, Mike!

Comment

Working...
                  X