• Show
Clear All

OK. Not sure what to suggest next?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

me too, waiting....
      at the moment of the screen shot LSGG at FR24 was empty.
      On the screen you see 4 planes and 3 (unvisible) cars.
      Attached Files
      http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Have you tried using PP to share with a different tracking website?
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

How about when you use FR24 feeding software? We are not involved in Planeplotter project, so we cannot really tell what they are uploading.

Comment

no, only using PP and FR24. Do you have 1 ? If yes send me a pm, then we could test.
            Mike should be able to see if the data reaches the server or where the data gets lost. Could be the groundflag or the timing. Im uploading every 10 seconds.

@Mike
            Im using the Beast with PP. So need to think about how I could get it running. Might take some time. I dont like to play around with usb or serial splitters.
            Last edited by Charky; 2012-04-27, 13:55.

Comment

thanks, was a good idea with Planefinder. There it works. Seems to be a FR24 problem.

@Mike, you might now have something to think about. Nothing changed and it doesnt work any longer

Comment

Thanks for trying the "other" sharing website.

I upload to FR24 via another sharing network and the software didn't show on-ground traffic. We now know it's not a PP issue.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

ok, Im now switching back to FR24 to let them find out what they have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Charky View Post
                    @Mike
                    Im using the Beast with PP. So need to think about how I could get it running. Might take some time. I dont like to play around with usb or serial splitters.
                    You can just run Fr24feed on top of that, you don't need any splitters.

Comment

Surely if FR24 isn't handling ground traffic from the PP feed and Planefinder does, isn't fixing that a better solution?
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                        Surely if FR24 isn't handling ground traffic from the PP feed and Planefinder does, isn't fixing that a better solution?
                        Of course it is, if you know what is wrong. We have PP feeders uploading ground traffic, so it's not a general problem.

The reason why we have put hundreds of hours on an own software is to have control of the upload process. Now we can control what is upload and how. So of course we would prefer if the feeders use the new software, instead in finding problems with a software we don't have control over.

Comment

Sure Mike, it's your call. But you do promote feeding via PP as well as your own client software.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

ok, so what I can do is setup tomorrow as a test my german upload (ED??) here with the beast and PP.
                            Never mind, this change must have happened during this week. 2 or 3 days ago it was running fine and there was no update on my side (beside this evening the PP update).
                            But, what I dont like with the new upload is, that FR24 can specify the upload frequence.
                            That might bring some uploaders with a maximum upload contingent per month or day in trouble. And if they find out its too late or will cost a lot of money.

Couldnt wait. set it up now
                            EDxx and NET1 are running now at the same (directional) antenna and the beast. The FR24feed is running with udp and GND and ModeS = Yes
                            LSGG1 is running with sbs1er antenna at the roof omnidirectional with tcp and GND and ModeS yes

but still no ground traffic like I see at the PP screen.
                            Last edited by Charky; 2012-04-27, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                              Sure Mike, it's your call. But you do promote feeding via PP as well as your own client software.
                              The new software is still in late beta stage, as soon as we are satisfied with how it works, and we have created a form where feeders can create they key by themselves, the PP option will be removed.

Originally posted by Charky View Post
                              ok, so what I can do is setup tomorrow as a test my german upload (ED??) here with the beast and PP.
                              Never mind, this change must have happened during this week. 2 or 3 days ago it was running fine and there was no update on my side (beside this evening the PP update).
                              But, what I dont like with the new upload is, that FR24 can specify the upload frequence.
                              That might bring some uploaders with a maximum upload contingent per month or day in trouble. And if they find out its too late or will cost a lot of money.

Couldnt wait. set it up now
                              EDxx and NET1 are running now at the same (directional) antenna and the beast. The FR24feed is running with udp and GND and ModeS = Yes
                              LSGG1 is running with sbs1er antenna at the roof omnidirectional with tcp and GND and ModeS yes

but still no ground traffic like I see at the PP screen.
                              The upload interval is lower but the data transfer should be lower as the data is more compressed. If someone want it higher we can adjust that.
                              I can see that there is ground traffic from T-LSGG2 uploaded but I can't see any from T-LSGG1.

Comment

groundtraffic should come via Net1 or EDFY. we tested LSGG4/T-LSGG2. he gets the planes only at a small part at the beginning of the runway, but no taxiing.
                                Can I stop T-EDFY1 because there is no change ?

Comment

Working...
                                X