No announcement yet.

Radar at Hamburg - sometimes on - sometimes not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I will continue to search. Thanks for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlhorn View Post
      Okay, then I can't bring radar data for all people. Hmm … :-(
      I have spent more then 10 hours writing different information and guides about different receivers and how to connect to FR24. I have posted links to stores selling virtual radars, both in UK and Germany. Anmer has also spent lots of time writing guides for his forum. There is also a search engine called Google that can easily be used to found stores and information. It's not possible for me to spend another hour for every new radar buyer to find the best offer for buying a receiver. You have to do some work by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I have spent more then 10 hours writing different information and guides about different receivers and how to connect to FR24.
        It's obviously not good enough. It's not the first time I have seen newbees having troble finding information.
        If it's such a burden for you to administrate the site and help people, then why don't you make FR24 to a private site for your frinds? or shot it down.
        I can't see you are interested in making FR24 better.

To Anmer.
        I think you could have used less time if you just had copied the document to Ulhorn's site instead of being offended and used a lot of time writing several comments.
        T-EKCH5: Raspberry Pi 4-B (Buster) + FlightAware Pro Stick Plus + FlightAware 1090MHz Bandpass Filter Dark Blue + A3-ADS-B Antenna

Comment

Okay, I read the Site very carefully now, and now I did find information about German dealers. This information is good hidden. ;-)

Okay, I have to buy a receiver of m choice. Two receivers are available at present. Then I have to contact FR24 and will get some scripts.

The costs will be about 500 EUR for the receiver, I need a little server and a Windows licence (I generally do not work with windows).

Okay, I will think about.

Thanks for help.

Comment

Originally posted by attigliano View Post
            It's obviously not good enough. It's not the first time I have seen newbees having troble finding information.
            If it's such a burden for you to administrate the site and help people, then why don't you make FR24 to a private site for your frinds? or shot it down.
            I can't see you are interested in making FR24 better.
            Or maybe the users are just to lazy? Like this time, all information was on page, but Uhlhorn didn't read it. If you think something could be more clear you are free to improve it, instead of just complaining. It you don't like the page or me, you are free to leave.

Okay, I read the Site very carefully now, and now I did find information about German dealers. This information is good hidden. ;-)
            Thanks for help.
            It's not hidden, it's just as visible as all other text on page.
            Good luck.

Comment

Oh, I read it! But I didn’t find it on first pass. You should bring some more structure into your text. You can make a section only for users who want to provide data to FR24.

Example:

How can I contribute to flightradar24.com?

• Buy a receiver (see below)
              • Bring it to work
              • Contact us, you will get some scripts and a documentation

Type of Receiver:
              • SBS-1
              • …

Where to buy:

UK
              • Kinetic-avionics.co.uk - Kinetic Avionics is the producer of the SBS-1 »
              • Hamradio.co.uk - You can buy the SBS-1 at this store »
              • …

Germany
              • Wimo.de - Sells both the SBS-1 and a lot of good parts useful for setting up a radar. Cables, adaptors, antennas and such »
              • …

USA
              • Airnavsystems.com - Airnav Systems is the producer of the Airnav radarbox »

But it is only a suggestion. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by attigliano View Post
                To Anmer.
                I think you could have used less time if you just had copied the document to Ulhorn's site instead of being offended and used a lot of time writing several comments.
                I have spent hundreds of hours writing Guides for those who want to use a ModeS receiver and related software. I do not get paid and, in my opinion, asking readers to register on Radarspotters for free and downloading the Guides is not too much to ask. It also allows us to communicate changes and announce new Guides.

The reason for writing the Guides is to provide answers to repeated questions and save time. I was not offended and now others know where to find the Guides.

But many visitors don't understand how much effort and resource is needed to run a Forum and online sites like FR24. They want everything for nothing and complain if they have to find something out for themselves. I had to research the market myself and didn't complain.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Oh yes, it's a greate work! I don't want to make it smaller than it is (sorry for my English). But can't You put the guide on a server what is free accessible? So You may use the dropbox. It's very easy and it's free.

You can use this referral and You will get additional 250 Mbyte online space for free. (Normaly I too, but I have reached my maximum some days ago)

Dropbox helps you simplify your workflow. So you can spend more time in your flow.

After installing and make an account You can put the file into the public folder and copy a download link via right mouse click. It's so easy!

2 GByte is free, you can get up to 10 GByte for free with referrals. More space will cost some money.
                  Last edited by Uhlhorn; 2010-08-03, 08:34.

Comment

But can't You put the guide on a server what is free accessible?
                    It's already on a server that's freely accessible from a forum that's dedicated to the virtual radarspotting hobby.

If you can't be bothered to register, that's your problem.

Maybe you're just spamming dropbox.com?

I'm not continuing this debate.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Radar spoting isn't my hobby! But I am a pilot and so I'm intrested a little bit in it. And I wanted to help the community to close the hole around EDDH (Hamburg). But I don't want to spent more time then necessary for this.

So, okay. I have to do other things. Sorry! Bye!
                      Last edited by Uhlhorn; 2010-08-06, 10:31. Reason: Wrong written word

Comment

Working...
                      X