Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconsistent flight data

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Inconsistent flight data

    Hi,
    Just a quick question, I noticed that flight plan data (origin/destination) is sometimes inconsistent with the flight track sometimes.
    For instance TVS735 flight from Bourgas to Ostrava, shows somewhere above Germany tracking westbound just now (0900Z).

    Is there any particular reason for this, or can this be corrected?

    Thanks and regards
    Dom

  • #2
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...outes-database

    It has to be put in the correct format.

    Check the most recent posts for information. And links citing the change are also of value
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by N4865G View Post
      Is there any particular reason for this, or can this be corrected?
      A flight ID is part of the aircraft's Mode-S data transmission.

      FR24 (and other sources) will attempt to translate the transmitted flight ID into a route by referencing it against a local routes database. Flight IDs often do not mirror the flight numbers that appear on the airport arrival and departure boards, as is the case with TVS which use QSnnnn.

      So, the routes database may be wrong or the aircraft is transmitting an incorrect flight ID.

      In this case, the routes database appears to be incorrect as the Burgas-Ostrava flight operates as QS2941 on Thursday and Sunday and as QS2943 on Tuesday and Friday. The Friday flight QS2943 leaves Burgas at 15.15. But what's more important is this route only operates between 7 June 2012 and 13 September 2012.
      Mike


      www.radarspotting.com

      Radarspotting since 2005

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        A flight ID is part of the aircraft's Mode-S data transmission.

        FR24 (and other sources) will attempt to translate the transmitted flight ID into a route by referencing it against a local routes database. Flight IDs often do not mirror the flight numbers that appear on the airport arrival and departure boards, as is the case with TVS which use QSnnnn.

        So, the routes database may be wrong or the aircraft is transmitting an incorrect flight ID.

        In this case, the routes database appears to be incorrect as the Burgas-Ostrava flight operates as QS2941 on Thursday and Sunday and as QS2943 on Tuesday and Friday. The Friday flight QS2943 leaves Burgas at 15.15. But what's more important is this route only operates between 7 June 2012 and 13 September 2012.
        All right, thanks.
        Just to make it clear - the route in the data fields is incorrect, but the actual flight track shown on the map is, right?

        Thanks
        Dom

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by N4865G View Post
          but the actual flight track shown on the map is, right?
          The map track should be correct. I can't confirm this particular flight as my receiver doesn't cover that location but I'd suggest the flight tracks will be correct in 99.999% of instances, give or take some drift for those older aircraft using INS rather than GPS.

          Flight IDs are down to the flight crew and are more accurate than they were 7 years ago but are less reliable.
          Mike


          www.radarspotting.com

          Radarspotting since 2005

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you very much Mike.

            Best
            Dom

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...outes-database
              It has to be put in the correct format.
              Check the most recent posts for information. And links citing the change are also of value
              I can just add, that we know that there are thousands off errors, so we don't need error reports, but correct data.

              http://www.flightradar24.com/about.php

              Why is there a plane from Spain to Italy flying over Norway?
              The route is not transmitted from the airplane. The route is taken from our database based on the callsign (flight number). Sometimes the pilot types wrong callsign into the transponder, or there is an error in our database. If you think there is an error in the database you can send correct information to info@flight24.com

              Comment

              Working...
              X