Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up and running - KGVL (North of Atlanta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LN-MOW
    replied
    Damn .. stumbled across this old thread .., has it been almost 7 years already .... miss ol’ Scanhorse ...

The previous mentioned antenna is fried .. must have taken a lightning strike. Only shows one and one plane .. Not climbing up on the roof though. Getting a second rpi to hook up to it though, just for the hell of it.

Had to switch to rpi when my windows feeder got switched off. Decided to install piaware and it turned out to be far easier than fr24feed. Got a flightaware pro stick and a new antenna and now feed from mostly within 140nm. Have the occasional hit almost all the way to the coast though. will try to improve somewhat.

Any other feeders north of Atlanta reading this?

Leave a comment:

• LDSP
    replied
    You had better to buy 5dB gain antenna model GP-1090.

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe because FR24 bought 100 antennas
    wow! maybe it's really because of that! would be nice to know where else I can get it but I suspect it is no longer available. I'll just stick to my PCB antennas for now.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Lucky u... I did want to get that antenna too but it is no longer for sell. I liked the small size of it compared to a 1.5m omni.
    Maybe because FR24 bought 100 antennas

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Lucky u... I did want to get that antenna too but it is no longer for sell. I liked the small size of it compared to a 1.5m omni.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    This one
    http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm

Leave a comment:

• North Borneo Radar
    replied
    must be very satisfying...

Just curious.. what antenna is that? cheers

Leave a comment:

• Anmer
    replied
    Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• LN-MOW
    replied
    I'm glad to see coverage here in the South really has improved. Several new transmitters in GA and SC gives excellent coverage of Boeing testflights, among others.

I finally got my roof antenna up. My eldest came home to visit and he took the challenge. It turned out to be worse than I thought, but he got it done. :up:

Also getting pretty good coverage now .. been seeing planes almost down to the coast (around 200nm) .. (I'm by the red dot)

Leave a comment:

• LN-MOW
    replied
    I just see a NET1-radar has been added in SC .. looks like he has limited range, though. But then we have 'the missing link' between KRDU and KGVL/KATL. Good news!

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    4 boxes will be delivered in London, Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago in the next 3-4 days.

Leave a comment:

• LN-MOW
    replied
    No, this is a damn big country... Where are the new boxes?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5l41rx

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I'm not sure that Atlanta and Detroit is neighborhood

Leave a comment:

• scanhorse
    replied
    And Olav is in your neigbourhood
    installing more US radars ( 4)
    maybe you get to meet him ??

Ulf

Leave a comment:

• LN-MOW
    replied
    Kinetics had messed up the order some, so I was missing a couple of adapters. Finally I have all the parts, and by replacing the table antenna with the BS1105 in the window, I can now see planes around 165nm to the southeast. I now cover all of Georgia (except the extreme south) and a big chunk of South Carolina. I expect this to improve when I get it up on the roof.

I'd also like to commend US distributor ACS Wireless for their excellent customer service. They were extremely helpful with identifying and providing the missing parts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X