Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing data with Flightradar24: which approach is best ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing data with Flightradar24: which approach is best ?

On http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/increase_coverage.php , I read

"There are 2 ways of sharing data with Flightradar24:
    1. Simple, fast and easy - via PlanePlotter
    2. Contact us and get our feeding software"

I started sharing with PlanePlotter, with a two characters identifier.

As it worked fine, and I wanted to set up as reliable stand-alone system that would stay on all day long, I asked for the "feeding software" (ModeS), which works also perfectly.

However, it looks like the data are not made available on flightradra24.com and on PlanePloter the same way with the two approaches. It seems to me I can see more of the planes received by my station when using the PlanePlotter sharing approach than using the "feeding software".

It is not clear to me what the links are between flightradar24 and PlanePlotter, who provides data to whom, etc.

Does it make sense to use both approaches at the same time (PlanePlotter sharing AND "feeding software") ? I read some posts about users having been banned for sharing with more than one network (if I understand correctly).

Could someone please clarify this ?

Thank you in anticipation.

Christophe

To the best of my knowledge there is no data feed from PlanePlotter servers to Fr24 or vice versa.

You can configure PlanePlotter to upload your local data to another server, such as FR24.

Using PlanePlotter locally is just one option for sharing with FR24. The other is to use the FR24 provided utility (ModeS) or, if you have an SBS-1, use the SBS1 Client for sharing data with other Basestation users and FR24.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

There should be no difference in what data is uploaded if you feed by Planeplotter or ModeS-software. The 2-letter identifier in Planeplotter is not used by FR24. We are working on an update for the ModeS-software that was planned for this week, but seem to be released next week, that will make it possible to introduce more features and faster uploads.

We are not banning anyone, but you should not feed both ways as it only slows down the systems to get process both data sources.

Comment

If you live near airport, Planeplotter (NET1) can upload ground traffic, ModeS-software data doesn't include ground traffic.

Comment

Hey guys,
          New to the forum but a long time user of the site. I have been uploading on and off over the last few months but would like to use my local airport as my radar ID. I have mailed the site about getting the Feeding Software but have not yet got a response. I wonder is it possible to download it some where else on the site?
          Many thanks for your help!
          John

Comment

The boss is overseas at present doing some FR24 work, so it may take a bit to get it. But be patient.. requests are great in numbers at present.

And they are customised to login name, so if someone else supplied it you would appear wrong

(Also new software in the works, so distribution may be on hold at present)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

As Oblivitan wrote, I'm away travelling and we have some shortage on people in the office, so I will contact all new feeders waiting for software, any day now.

Comment

Working...
              X