Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some planes missing?

Hi guys,

I've been using FR24 for some time and love it! As soon as I get enough spare money together, I intend to buy a receiver and share the data.

I live approximately 5 miles due-west of Liverpool airport. Until recently, everytime a plane went over my house to/from Liverpool, I could see it on here! However, over the last couple of days, ALL low-level traffic has gone but all high-altitude aircraft are still on the radar as usual.

Does anyone have an idea why it is so "selective"?

(Yes, I have read the Q&A but this exact/particular problem is not covered)

Regards,

Mike
    Last edited by mlhifi; 2010-07-01, 22:24.

Possibly because one of the feeds to my MMS2 network has been away on holiday. He lives near Liverpool.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
      Possibly because one of the feeds to my MMS2 network has been away on holiday. He lives near Liverpool.
      Would that only affect low-level traffic?

Thinking about it, let me try and answer that myself: I suppose that the high-altitude aircraft would still show because receivers much further away would still pick them up?

All the flights in my area, and beyond, show as radar NET2. Is this part of MMS2? Sorry, I don't fully understand how this all inter-links!

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

You answered the first part question yourself.

Net2 includes the traffic from the MMS2 server.

MMS2 is a server of shared SBS-1 data. So those who subscribe can extend the data shown on their SBS-1 Basestation software to include that from selected sharers. Then all the sahred traffic from MMS2 gets fed to Flightradar24 as Net2, along with some traffic from another shared server.

So if MMS2 is down, the traffic showing as Net2 will be reduced.

Hope that helps?
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

It does.

Thank you for your time, and patience

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X