Christchurch (New Zealand) struck by further earthquakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christchurch (New Zealand) struck by further earthquakes

Our thoughts and prayers are with Christchurch New Zealand today following two serious earthquakes, the first of which struck approx. 14:00 local with subsequent aftershocks. A report from one of our radar operators in nzch (NZCH-1) after the airport and major shopping centres closed down is as follows;

"nzch alive. very shaken. hohse had more mud and flooding. no power so no radar"
    "on my phone so only updating. 3 5+ and a 6 very close to here"
    "so far everyone ok. im out till i got power back"

At this point in time it would appear that Christchurch residents have escaped any serious casualties.

Christchurch has been rocked by a series of large earthquakes, two days before Christmas, that have left 60 people injured and shaken the city that was only beginning to recover from a major quake earlier this year.

Latest News and events in the Standardbred Industry world-wide.

NZCH radar is operational at the moment but not NZCH-1. CHC (NZCH) Christchurch airport has re-opened as at this time.
    All the very best to our neighbours in New Zealand from Australia and I'm sure from around the world.

UPDATE; http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/w...-n-zealanders/ (As at Saturday 24_12_11 Approx 13:00 Sydney/Australia time)

Regards,
    gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2011-12-24, 02:10.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Still here

power finally back on around 9pm last night. The radar kicked in almost straight away

spent the morning digging more silt/mud away from the front door/driveway. Many locals visiting my side of town with support wishes and Christmas parcels which was nice. No further damage to the house apart from cracks growing and dishes thrown across the room and smashing.

It is localised to the already damaged/slowly being abandoned redzone where I live
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X