Flightradar24 mac app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 mac app

Why is there no separate forum for the mac app?

And when I try and search for "mac" I get "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: mac" which is not really very helpful is it?

Anyway. Since the last update the filters have gone to pot.
    The airline filter will not work at all, nothing entered into the field does anything.
    The speed and altitude filters are erratic and unusable. Entering a value in one of the two fields seems to affect the value in the other field, and the fields are not big enough to put more than 4 digits in. A fat lot of use when you want to input "35000" feet.
    The type filter does not work at all. There is no information about what you are supposed to put into the field, but obvious things like "747" or "380" do nothing.

Perhaps testing these upgrades before they are rolled out might be a good idea.

Hi Minus1, welcome to the Forum.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Mac App.

I can answer two of your questions.

Type the ICAO designator, or the beginning of it, for the aircraft type you want to display. For example, if you want to display all Boeing 747's, type B74.

To set the filter for altitude you need to drop two zero's from the end of the value, for example 35000 = 350 and 8000 = 080. (If it is below 10000ft, you need to put a zero in front of it.)

Someone else on the Forum will be able to answer your other questions, as i have no knowledge of Mac's.

Mike / Speedbird
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-12-21, 11:05.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for your help.

I've got the type filter to work now; there ought to be an explantion/link about that within the app though.
      I found a list at http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/table_accodes_en.php

Plus I finally got the airline filter to work using the ICAO airline designator:

I don't understand why the "feet"/"meter" buttons exist if what is required in the fields is a Flight Level. Better to have the box labelled "Flight level filter" rather than "Altitude filter" and ditch the buttons completely?

Comment

Hello Minus1,
        Yes, I see now that there is a typo in the code, and the altitude max field cannot be modified. Also, when having speed as a label info, it says mph, it should say knots.
        A fix will be out as soon as possible.
        Best regards,
        Artur / Flightradar24 mac app developer

Comment

I have another problem with the 'type' filter. When you do a search on the A38 for instance the shown planes disappear one by one when you click on them with your mouse.

Comment

This will also be fixed, in a couple of days

Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X