Planes in perth Western Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes in perth Western Australia

Hi all new to this today but been observing for many months. i cant see any activity over Perth any more can anyone tell why please.

Thanks

User has turned off their radar for whatever reason.

Been off since:
    391 YPPH-1 2011-10-06 17:53:06
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for that iguess it was for chogm thatis being held in Perth.

Comment

Don't beleive so. We were able to track the queens flight all the way in.

Unless the owners were feeling cautious/guilty. The pms flight is easily found on a normal day
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok thanks for that.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I also noticed that the planes disappeared at the beginning of the week that CHOGM started and came back today, a week after Chogm ended. I can only assume that the owner was asked to take it down. Can't be a coincidence.

Comment

Agreed thanks calvan

Comment

Radar Ops

Rob Perth and Calvan,

With all due respect;
                Before the rumour mill begins churning or the conspiracy theories gather any legs and as the owner and operator of one of the hundreds of radar receivers throughout the world, I would make these comments in regard to your querie (and subseqent assumption):
                1) The radar operator alone makes the decision as to when and how long the radar is operated.
                2) Radar operators enjoy a break from time to time, just like anyone else (for a variety of reasons).
                3)Having had discussions with both Air Services Australia and CASA regarding my own radar over a period of some years I can assure you that they arent the least concerned with their operation here in Australia and in fact have been very helpful and obliging.
                4)No authority has ever requested that I or anyone else I know, turn off our radar receivers for any reason.

regards,
                gregg
                Last edited by fungus; 2011-11-16, 03:41.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
                X