No announcement yet.

I lost the map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to see airplane icons and airport locations; all other functions seem to work ok.
    Clicking on the left down corner of the label I obtain all the standard informations about the flight.
    Using Windows XP and Firefox 3.6.3.
    If I recall properly the problems arised after latest Windows Update but I'm not sure.
    In Windows Internet Explorer shows only the bare map.

Comment

No planes or airports!

Rather annoyingly, MY thread titled as above, has been closed by an administrator because a "a thread already exists"! No it doesn't... this one is different!!

MY problem, and that of a few others I gather before I was "closed down" rather rudely, is the map IS present, but no aircraft or airports are showing!

The problme did NOT exist 2 days ago... 3 PC's are showing the same problem; all running Windows 7 and Firefox v3.6.3

Can anyone shed any light on this matter?

(I do NOT like being cut-off in mid-flow thank you Mike!)

Regards,
      Mike L

Comment

Originally posted by Krayzee View Post
        I too am having the same problem. No airport marker and no aircraft icons. The callsigns are there and I can click on them to bring up the info by clicking either the first or second letter of the callsign. Was working fine a couple of days ago, what changed? !

I'm using Firefox 3.6.3 and haven't updated anything recently.

Confused

Chris
        Same here... using Windows 7 and Firefox 3.6.3

It was fine just 2 or 3 days ago. I have tried on 3 computers in the house, but all the same.

I don't think this is related, but "http://data.flight24.com" is down...

Regards,

Mike

Comment

mlhifi, if you read page 3 and 4 in this thread this is exactly what is discussed and i have written on page 3 in this thread that this is a DNS problem. You have to change DNS or just wait for an update of your DNS servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            mlhifi, if you read page 3 and 4 in this thread this is exactly what is discussed and i have written on page 3 in this thread that this is a DNS problem. You have to change DNS or just wait for an update of your DNS servers.
            Sorry Mike, I did not see that and I did search for this problem using several keywords but nothing showed up!

Comment

A few people are having this problem... I do not know enough to figure out what to do when a DNS problem arises. When is an update likely or can I force an update?

Mike

Comment

I have seen two proposed corrective actions so far:
                1) Change DNS server
                2) ipconfig/flushdns

I dont know how to change dns server and I am not sure if I should run ipconfig /flushdns (maybe that's the magic trick?)

Please advice exactly what to do.

For information I copy my message from the closed thread here:

I have also lost some airplanes, but I can see some. When I select the Airplane Callsign filter, I see many callsigns, but only a few airplane symbols. I think the problems started yesterday when I changed the filtering from Normal to Big airplane symbols. When I click on an airplane to see its tail line, the airplane disappears on the next update of the screen but the tail line remains. If I then click on another airplane, the first one re-appears! I use Windows XP and Google Chrome browser. Norway based.

Comment

You can set your own DNS servers in windows or your router. There are thousands of DNS-servers around the world, but i don't which of them are updated and which are not. I know that Google has a DNS server on IP: 8.8.8.8, but it may have old DNS-entries.

Comment

Changing DNS server to IP: 8.8.8.8 solved my problem! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kayak View Post
                      Unable to see airplane icons and airport locations; all other functions seem to work ok.
                      Clicking on the left down corner of the label I obtain all the standard informations about the flight.
                      Using Windows XP and Firefox 3.6.3.
                      If I recall properly the problems arised after latest Windows Update but I'm not sure.
                      In Windows Internet Explorer shows only the bare map.
                      I don't what happened but it's working normally now, doing nothing

Comment

Kayak..,

Also the same by me., Got FR24 back on my Computer A OK!.
                        Guess new DNS have been uploaded
                        I think a lot of people will be thankful for that..!
                        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Think I spoke to soon., Its back to No Planes again.
                          (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                          1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                            Think I spoke to soon., Its back to No Planes again.
                            The same to me: let's hope in a tomorrow change

Comment

Originally posted by kayak View Post
                              The same to me: let's hope in a tomorrow change
                              Back again and it seems to me that the aircraft icons have become smaller. Maybe they're changing some preferences.

Comment

Now everything is OK, airplanes visible and night/day selector OK.
                                Thank you guys for your replies

Comment

Working...
                                X