X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have To Zoom Out To See MY Aircraft

Hello,

Hope someone can help me with this one.
    Recently have received my MicroAdsb receiver and downloaded the ModeS software on my Vista PC.
    I am using the included adsbSCOPE software. Data wise all seems to be good except I can't see the aircraft on the FR24 website from my radar unless I zoom WAY out. Other aircraft from other radars work fine zooming in or out. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    GoodxRolling
    Radar:CYYC1
    MicroAdsb w/adsbSCOPE

g'day cyyc1,
    i noticed the same effect occuring yesterday that you describe, whilst i was on chat and using the map and as you say it only seemed to be affecting your aircraft display. i advised cycd2 (tony- who seems to be far more tech savvy than i am) who was also on chat at the time. whilst i cant offer any help, perhaps he or someone else can. good to see the aircraft from calgary in any case, and thx for that. hope you can get the issue sorted. you may also want to try and shoot an email off to the guys at fr24 so at the very least they are aware of the issue. hope this is helpful.
    regards,
    gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2011-09-29, 01:21.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Hey Fungus,
      Thanks for your reply. I'll keep monitoring the situation. Hope there is some interest in YYC.
      Cheers,
      GoodxRolling
      MicroAdsb w/adsbSCOPE

Comment

Hi ,

Were in Calgary are you - or are you west of town

Tony

Vancouver Island

Comment

Have To Zoom Out To See MY Aircraft

Originally posted by airladysmith View Post
          Hi ,

Were in Calgary are you - or are you west of town

Tony

Vancouver Island
          Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply.
          I am in central NW Calgary. I have still have the same problem. I've emailed fr24 but they have not replied to as of yet. I'm guessing it could be a weak signal issue as the antenna is located at the window. It shows a U-Signal of 708mV but no CRC errors. BUT with my adsbSCOPE software I can see aircraft at higher elevations for a good amount of time with little or no timeouts and yet I can only see them on fr24 website if I zoom WAY OUT. I sometimes see the same effect in other parts of the world other than europe. Iceland is an example. Until I get the antenna mounted outside I guess that will be as good as it gets. I apologise to those, if any, who monitor YYC.

Regards,
          GoodxRolling
          MicroAdsb w/adsbSCOPE

Comment

Hi Doug ,

Another way to display live streaming would be to download PlanePlotter - I see DM out in Calgary - is that you ?

The problem here is that you do have to pay a one time sign up fee !! runs about $35.00 .

There is a way you can post live to FR24 though Options-Sharing .

I have the info if you want to try it - Very easy to set up - I will send you the pictures of my sharing PP .

Hope this helps

Tony
            Ladysmith

Comment

Working...
            X