Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I look at all arrivals at my Airport it doesn't show private flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I look at all arrivals at my Airport it doesn't show private flights?

When I look at CYYT I don't see private arrivals. However if I look up a private airplane I see it did land today at the airport.

Is there a way to view all the different private flights in and out of any airport?

Links to show you what I am talking about.
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
    St. John's International Airport, (YYT/CYYT), Canada - View live flight arrival and departure information, live flight delays and cancelations, and current weather conditions at the airport. See route maps and schedules for flights to and from St. John's and airport reviews. Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracker. IATA: YYT ICAO: CYYT

Blocked/private are only visible in-air realtime. Very few have known routes assigned for the airport to log as a to/from. Most that data is for commercially associated airline operator codes.

Even less show their history when looking at the aircraft data page itself.

Best you can hope for is the 'on ground ' feature. If they're even capable of showing/not fully blocked.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Blocked/private are only visible in-air realtime. Very few have known routes assigned for the airport to log as a to/from. Most that data is for commercially associated airline operator codes.

Even less show their history when looking at the aircraft data page itself.

Best you can hope for is the 'on ground ' feature. If they're even capable of showing/not fully blocked.
      The Private flight I selected did show a full year of history. So you would think based on having that in the database it would be possible for the system to display all its landings at an airport.

So are you saying even though they have the data the app is choosing not to make it available to the users on the airport view for privacy reasons? Even though if you know the specific airplane tail number you can pull it up?

Comment

Yep.

Or local has an on-site aeroclub and mandate adsb

Only commercial routes of the 5 main airlines that show on the arrivals/dep boards
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I had a similar issue with tracking private flights at my local airport. It turns out, many flight tracking websites and apps prioritize commercial flights over private ones, which can make it tricky to see everything happening at the airport.

One trick I found helpful was to use specific filters or search options on the flight tracking platform. For example, you might need to select a different category or enter the tail number of the private airplane you're interested in to get detailed info. It can be a bit hidden sometimes!

I remember a time when I was curious about private charter flights my friend was taking. I couldn't find it on the usual app until I realized I needed to use the search function with the flight details provided by the charter company. Once I did that, I was able to see the flight path and arrival time.​
          Last edited by Nepheway; 2024-07-15, 20:26.

Comment

Working...
          X