Flight Radar 24 Pro on Android tablet PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Radar 24 Pro on Android tablet PC

Hi, I've purchased and downloaded FlightRadar24 Pro for my Android tablet, but it refuses to install.

My tablet does not have GPS, does the app require GPS does anyone know?

Many thanks.

Pete

Hi, I'm currently using android froyo 2.2 on the advent, or something of that specification. This also include a mod which allows full access to the market.
    Anyway during the download my software prevented the download and prompt me to tick and allow 'unknown sources'. Basically the installation of non market applications, by ticking unknown sources you are giving permission to download apps such as flight radar pro that before would have been prevented and blocked.

You can find this by tapping settings> applications > unknown sources. Tick unknown sources to activate/allow and your download issue should be resolved.

Comment

Thanks Photons. But I did manage to get the apk downloaded okay. It's just that it fails to install.

Pete

Comment

What phone/tablet pc are you using?

GPS navigation is not required, however you must have a wifi or strong 3g connection to allow the app to load.

Comment

Hi there, thanks for your response.
          I do have a strong wi-fi signal when trying to install the apk, but it fails to install.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Comment

Originally posted by pete_nth View Post
            Hi there, thanks for your response.
            I do have a strong wi-fi signal when trying to install the apk, but it fails to install.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?
            Hi Pete.

Have a read of this, it might help as this sounds more like the Device than the App.

If it is a Chinese Tablet you could have problems with installing..

Mike / Speedbird
            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-09-17, 15:08.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Hi, still no luck I'm afraid.

I checked the tablet's log and it looks like the installation fails because it can't find a Google maps shared library. Obviously the app might need Google maps, but I have Google maps installed.

Is there any Flightradar developer who can look at this?

Thanks.

Comment

What make of tablet do you have, and what is your firmware android?

Also, do you have any issues running flightradar in your web browser?

Hopefully it is a problem that we can resolve.

Comment

Yes, it's a generic Chinese import manufactured by Wondermedia. It's running Android 2.2 and I've been able to download and install many other apps.

Flight radar runs okay in the web browser if a little slowly, which is why I was keen to try the Android app.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X