Playback bug on website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback bug on website

I have used FR24 Gold for many years and been very satisfied with the playback feature. However, recently, I have just discovered an annoying bug in playback mode on the web version. After selecting a flight to play back I want to follow its flown route and the navaids used. However, every time I drag the map to the left by clicking and holding down the mouse button, the map automatically moves back to the right, and not necessarily with the aircraft in the centre. This does not occur when I drag the map to the right on the screen. The same things also happens when I try to zoom in on the aircraft or its flight path. The view just does not stay there, it moves away and to the left of the actual flight. I want the view to stay where I leave it after releasing the mouse button, like it did before. As it is now, following the flight or looking at each waypoint is almost impossible. This did not occur last time I used playback feature some months ago.

I have tried different browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Edge) and cleared cache and it still would not work. The IOS app works fine though.

Anyone else experiencing this error/bug?

Yes sir, I experience the same with desktop browsers. I have noticed what the problem is - as you zoom in or out, or move the map, the site freezes for a second or two to redraw the positions of the planes and once loaded, moves the map back to its original position. It never used to do this and the map and zoom level would always stay where you'd set it.

Also related to the playback is that if a plane stops tracking briefly due to a momentary drop in coverage, the info panel corrupts with a large 72 pt font "UNDEFINED UNDEFINED" words in every field and then the playback crashes with a red label "server communication error" every time and keeps happening every time you retry.

And whilst we're on the subject of the playback feature, the date and time picker no longer functions as it used to (since around a year now). It's now impossible to search for multiple different playbacks efficiently because it no longer remembers the time and date for your last playback. If you try pausing it to adjust the date or time, the site crashes with the above server error and you have to reload the map and go through all the time and date menus again. Previously the date and time would be remembered in the menu and you could simply click back a date to see the previous day, but now it resets to the current day every time which makes looking at playback from many months ago pretty much impossible without a lot of effort. I don't know what was wrong with the previous menu that loaded up all the dates in a dropdown and it would take like 2 seconds to scroll your mouse down to the date you wanted, and the date would be remembered.
    Editor

Comment

Yes, well said. That is exactly what I experience on my side too. The playback feature is no longer what it used to be. I wonder if it could be a server-related issue. I really do hope that the FR24 team can look into the situation and provide a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSingh View Post
        Yes, well said. That is exactly what I experience on my side too. The playback feature is no longer what it used to be. I wonder if it could be a server-related issue. I really do hope that the FR24 team can look into the situation and provide a fix.
        Please write to suport@fr24.com and link to your thread here.
        Editor

Comment

Working...
        X