Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the state of FlightRadar24

Hello,

First post on these forums, long time user of both the website and the app (at least since 2015).

I haven't used the site for a while and when I came to check on a friend's flight today, the first problem was right when I clicked the Airport they were flying from. Why is there no button to see the departures and arrivals anymore?

So I tried searching for the ICAO, and it finds it, on the little detail box that shows up, there seems to be sqare buttons for departures and arrivals, yet they do nothing.

So I search for the plane manually, find it, click on it, and the little toast information on the left shows the Type, the Registration, Altitude and ETA. That's it? That's all the info that you provide for free now?

I absolutely get the notion of putting some features behind a pay wall. But this is definitely taking it too far. It's very truncated.
    Out of curiosity, I went to Flightaware and found the flight within seconds by going to the departure airport and finding it on the departed flights. The information provided is bountiful.

From a developer point of view, is this an early release of a site rebuild, maybe a migration to React?

Just my very honest experience.

Regards

*** Edit ***
    I just noticed on the top right, the mode was set to Multi. Changing it to Map brought back the 'usual' bits I seemed to be missing, but why present this as the default mode? (I promise I didn't change it to Multi)
    Why is there no way to see departures and arrivals in Multi mode, even when reaching the airport details via search (the buttons are there)?
    Last edited by mpicco; 2021-08-14, 23:34.
Working...
X